Update Failure with Application Deployment - Can't upgrade or create new instances

System Information

Field Value
Operating System Linux - Ubuntu 22.04.3 on x86_64
Product AMP ‘Decadeus’ v2.4.6.10 (Mainline)
Virtualization None
Application Application Deployment
Module ADSModule
Running in Container No
Current State Indeterminate

Problem Description

Issue

Rip from the start of my #tech-support thread on the Discord server (Discord thread link):

I am trying to create a new instance, but I am shown an error modal that says the task could not be completed. After checking the AMP_Logs for ADS01, I found the error had something to do with failing to download or unpack something:

[10:53:27] [InstanceManager:amp-zane Warning] : Non-managed instances exist, autoconfigure cannot guarentee that the configuration is valid!
[10:53:27] [InstanceManager:amp-zane Error] : Download or unpack failed. Please check your network connection and try again.
[10:53:27] [Logger:amp-zane Error] : Unzip return code was 9
[10:53:27] [Logger:amp-zane Warning] : Create Instance Failed: The core archive failed to download or unpack: Unzip return code was 9

What should I do to resolve/troubleshoot this? I know the server itself is connected to the internet as I have an instance with multiple people playing currently. Have I reconfigured my server’s network in some way? I already have 4 instances and this issue only started recently. (~1-2 months)

I am shown the same error when attempting to upgrade an/all instance(s)

I opened a thread on the #tech-support forum on the CubeCoders Discord server to see if someone could help me with my issue. Find it above (I can’t post too many links).
Things that I have tried to fix/diagnose the problem.

• Pinging cubecoders. com (times out)
  • Tracerouting cubecoders. com (UDP, fails to resolve)
  • Tracerouting cubecoders. com (TCP, resolves)
  • Disabling IPv6
  • Repeating the above 4 steps on a separate workstation on the same network (Windows PC)
  • Swapping to Cloudflare DNS
  • Swapping to Google DNS
  • Following the troubleshooting steps outlined in Diagnosing AMP/Application startup issues
  • More that I may have forgotten to include but might be in the thread

I was told by @SXon on Discord that Mike had disabled ICMP on cubecoders. com, so the ping and traceroute stuff might be/probably are extraneous.

My suspicion is that this is an ISP/router DNS issue that is out of my control without needing to ring them up. Are there any other steps that I should take to ensure that I have not messed something up with my network or AMP configuration? I’m willing to reinstall or install AMP on a new device.

Please let me know if I should provide any more information (logs, configs, etc).

Reproduction Steps

• Install AMP
  • Create and upgrade instances
  • Don’t create or upgrade instances for ~1 month
  • Attempt to create and/or upgrade an instance
  • Experience error 9 when AMP attempts to download/unpack the AMP zip (Found in ADS01 logs with Monitoring.LogLevel=Debug)

The check for connectivity would be:

wget -O- https://downloads.cubecoders.com/AMP/manifest.json

If that dumps a load of JSON into the console then you can connect. If not then wget should show you what’s up.

Yes the manifest JSON does print to the console.

Try manually deleting the cache files in ~/.ampdata/(Instances)/

I’m not sure where you’re talking about sorry.

In AMPs datastore directory there will be a bunch of cache files. Try deleting them.

I’m sorry, I seriously can’t find where you’re talking about. Is it possible I don’t have caching turned on or can’t see the cache files?

~ directory

Delete the “Versions” directory.

That fixed it :+1:. Thanks Mike!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.