Unable to upgrade from 2.3.4.4

OS Name/Version: Linux (ubuntu 22.04)

Product Name/Version: v2.3.4.4 built 26/07/2022 20:09

Problem Description: Unable to upgrade from the web interface or the command line. Getting error in command line from unzip.

Steps to reproduce: On fresh start of the server, I tried updating via the console but it would sit for 10 minutes without any result except the occasional flicker. I could restart the service and access the console again.

You can also reproduce from the command line, logged in as “amp” and entering “ampinstmgr upgradeall”. You get:

[Info] AMP Instance Manager v2.3.4.4 built 26/07/2022 20:09
[Info] Release spec: Release - built by CUBECODERS/buildbot on CCL-DEV
[Info] Stopping Instance: 'ADS01'
[Info] Stopping instance ADS01...
[Info] Requesting soft-stop...
[Info] Waiting for instance to stop...
[Info] Instance was shut down gracefully.
[Info] Instance ADS01 has stopped.
[Info] Upgrading instance ADS01
[Info] Using cached archive: /home/amp/.ampdata/instances/AMPCache-2440.zip
[/home/amp/.ampdata/instances/AMPCache-2440.zip]
  End-of-central-directory signature not found.  Either this file is not
  a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive.  In the
  latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
  the last disk(s) of this archive.
note:  /home/amp/.ampdata/instances/AMPCache-2440.zip may be a plain executable, not an archive
unzip:  cannot find zipfile directory in one of /home/amp/.ampdata/instances/AMPCache-2440.zip or
        /home/amp/.ampdata/instances/AMPCache-2440.zip.zip, and cannot find /home/amp/.ampdata/instances/AMPCache-2440.zip.ZIP, period.
[Error] Download or unpack failed. Please check your network connection and try again.
[Error] Unzip return code was 9
[Info] Upgrade failed
[Info] Waiting for AMP instance to start...

Actions taken to resolve so far: I have run the OS updates using the --missing-fix parameter to get around Amp causing it to fail. That didn’t change anything. I have tried chmod 777 on the “instances” folder thinking unzip needed perms - that didn’t help. I did a mv over the last cache after fetching the latest build zip.

I was about to do an uninstall/reinstall, but that article said to post here before doing that. Here I am.

Also, I deleted all of my instances (starting fresh) and I cannot create a new instance. I get: You do not have permission to use this method (ADSModule.CreateInstance) at this time. This method requires the Session.LoggedIn permission.

I am okay starting fresh. I just need this working by Wednesday.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

you need to update the CubeCoders Key first with

wget -O /usr/share/keyrings/repo.cubecoders.com.gpg https://repo.cubecoders.com/archive.key

Then run sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade -y

then when its updated go to amp as sudo su -l amp and run ampinstmgr updateall

Thanks @ssfdre38 for the instant reply :slight_smile:

I think that fixed it. Here is the new output. There was an error, but I was able to complete the update and create a new Minecraft instance in the console.

[Info] AMP Instance Manager v2.4.6.6 built 05/10/2023 11:57
[Info] Stream: Mainline / Release - built by CUBECODERS/buildbot on CCL-DEV
[Info] Stopping Instance: 'ADS01'
[Info] Stopping instance ADS01...
[Info] Requesting soft-stop...
[Info] Waiting for instance to stop...
[Info] Instance was shut down gracefully.
[Info] Instance ADS01 has stopped.
[Info] Upgrading instance ADS01
[Info] Downloading AMP from https://downloads.cubecoders.com/AMP/Mainline/20231005.1/AMP_x86_64.zip...
[##################################################] ETA 00:00:00 @16.21 MB/sec
[Info] Complete
[Info] Upgrade successful
Can't find custom attr constructor image: /opt/cubecoders/amp/plugins/ADSModule.dll mtoken: 0x0a00001e due to: Could not load file or assembly 'SQLite-net, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
[Info] Waiting for AMP instance to start...
[Notice] AMP instance ADS01 is now running.
[Info] Start for instance ADS01 was requested, but it is already running.

yeah your all good now. you should be updated

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.