Unable to upgrade from 2.3.4.4

OS Name/Version: Linux (ubuntu 22.04)

Product Name/Version: v2.3.4.4 built 26/07/2022 20:09

Problem Description: Unable to upgrade from the web interface or the command line. Getting error in command line from unzip.

Steps to reproduce: On fresh start of the server, I tried updating via the console but it would sit for 10 minutes without any result except the occasional flicker. I could restart the service and access the console again.

You can also reproduce from the command line, logged in as “amp” and entering “ampinstmgr upgradeall”. You get:

[Info] AMP Instance Manager v2.3.4.4 built 26/07/2022 20:09
[Info] Release spec: Release - built by CUBECODERS/buildbot on CCL-DEV
[Info] Stopping Instance: 'ADS01'
[Info] Stopping instance ADS01...
[Info] Requesting soft-stop...
[Info] Waiting for instance to stop...
[Info] Instance was shut down gracefully.
[Info] Instance ADS01 has stopped.
[Info] Upgrading instance ADS01
[Info] Using cached archive: /home/amp/.ampdata/instances/AMPCache-2440.zip
[/home/amp/.ampdata/instances/AMPCache-2440.zip]
  End-of-central-directory signature not found.  Either this file is not
  a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive.  In the
  latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
  the last disk(s) of this archive.
note:  /home/amp/.ampdata/instances/AMPCache-2440.zip may be a plain executable, not an archive
unzip:  cannot find zipfile directory in one of /home/amp/.ampdata/instances/AMPCache-2440.zip or
        /home/amp/.ampdata/instances/AMPCache-2440.zip.zip, and cannot find /home/amp/.ampdata/instances/AMPCache-2440.zip.ZIP, period.
[Error] Download or unpack failed. Please check your network connection and try again.
[Error] Unzip return code was 9
[Info] Upgrade failed
[Info] Waiting for AMP instance to start...

Actions taken to resolve so far: I have run the OS updates using the --missing-fix parameter to get around Amp causing it to fail. That didn’t change anything. I have tried chmod 777 on the “instances” folder thinking unzip needed perms - that didn’t help. I did a mv over the last cache after fetching the latest build zip.

I was about to do an uninstall/reinstall, but that article said to post here before doing that. Here I am.

Also, I deleted all of my instances (starting fresh) and I cannot create a new instance. I get: You do not have permission to use this method (ADSModule.CreateInstance) at this time. This method requires the Session.LoggedIn permission.

I am okay starting fresh. I just need this working by Wednesday.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

you need to update the CubeCoders Key first with

wget -O /usr/share/keyrings/repo.cubecoders.com.gpg https://repo.cubecoders.com/archive.key

Then run sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade -y

then when its updated go to amp as sudo su -l amp and run ampinstmgr updateall

Thanks @ssfdre38 for the instant reply :slight_smile:

I think that fixed it. Here is the new output. There was an error, but I was able to complete the update and create a new Minecraft instance in the console.

[Info] AMP Instance Manager v2.4.6.6 built 05/10/2023 11:57
[Info] Stream: Mainline / Release - built by CUBECODERS/buildbot on CCL-DEV
[Info] Stopping Instance: 'ADS01'
[Info] Stopping instance ADS01...
[Info] Requesting soft-stop...
[Info] Waiting for instance to stop...
[Info] Instance was shut down gracefully.
[Info] Instance ADS01 has stopped.
[Info] Upgrading instance ADS01
[Info] Downloading AMP from https://downloads.cubecoders.com/AMP/Mainline/20231005.1/AMP_x86_64.zip...
[##################################################] ETA 00:00:00 @16.21 MB/sec
[Info] Complete
[Info] Upgrade successful
Can't find custom attr constructor image: /opt/cubecoders/amp/plugins/ADSModule.dll mtoken: 0x0a00001e due to: Could not load file or assembly 'SQLite-net, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
[Info] Waiting for AMP instance to start...
[Notice] AMP instance ADS01 is now running.
[Info] Start for instance ADS01 was requested, but it is already running.

yeah your all good now. you should be updated