Startup Issue with Minecraft - Minecraft bedrock instance won't start after update

System Information

Field Value
Operating System Linux - Debian GNU/Linux 12 on x86_64
Product AMP ‘Decadeus’ v2.4.6.10 (Mainline)
Virtualization Docker
Application Minecraft
Module MinecraftModule
Running in Container Yes
Current State PreStart

Problem Description
After todays minecraft update, minecraft instance wont start. Error log below:

amp@minecraft:/opt/minecraft_bedrock$ ampinstmgr --View Minecraft
[Info] AMP Instance Manager v2.4.6.10 built 06/12/2023 17:18
[Info] Stream: Mainline / Release - built by CUBECODERS/buildbot on CCL-DEV
[22:55:12] [Logger Info] : Loaded MinecraftModule version 1.0.0.3 by CubeCoders Limited
[22:55:12] [Logger Info] : Metrics publishing is enabled at udp://localhost:12820.
[22:55:12] [Logger Info] : Loaded FileManagerPlugin by CubeCoders Limited
[22:55:12] [Logger Info] : Loaded EmailSenderPlugin by CubeCoders Limited
[22:55:12] [Logger Info] : Loaded WebRequestPlugin by CubeCoders Limited
[22:55:12] [Logger Info] : Loaded LocalFileBackupPlugin by CubeCoders Limited
[22:55:13] [Logger Info] : Loaded CommonCorePlugin by CubeCoders Limited
[22:55:13] [Logger Info] : Licence Present: AMP Standard Edition
[22:55:15] [Logger Notice] : Using keypair with fingerprint rgMX6ciMEhPeWGyzZ/FVqGZh4FoMAEycZHm1h5/jHyY=
[22:55:15] [Logger Info] : SFTP Server started on 0.0.0.0:2224
[22:55:15] [Webserver Info] : Websockets are enabled.
[22:55:16] [Logger Info] : Webserver started on http://127.0.0.1:8081
[22:55:16] [Logger Info] : RouterTimer@10Hz with 2 jobs started
[22:55:16] [Core Info] : Checking for AMP updates…
[22:55:16] [Logger Info] : Startup mode is UpdateAndStart.
[22:55:16] [Core Info] : AMP is up to date.
[22:55:16] [Logger Warning] : Unable to get Bedrock version data from https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/download/server/bedrock: Data not found.
[22:55:16] [Logger Info] : Modpack cache is up-to-date.
[22:55:29] [Logger Warning] : Server failed to start 1/5 times…
[22:55:29] [Logger Warning] : Server stopped within 5 seconds of starting, AMP will not attempt to restart it.
[22:55:29] /AMP/./Minecraft/bedrock_server: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Issue

Minecraft bedrock instance fails to start. Error loading shared libraries libssl.so.1.1. I have tried manually installing libssl1.1 but this doesn’t fix the issue.

Reproduction Steps

• Updated Minecraft bedrock server
  • Restarted instance - wouldn’t start
  • Restarted AMP - Minecraft instance still wouldn’t start

Seeing the same issue here after AMP and Minecraft Bedrock updates.

1 Like

Try running:

sudo apt install libssl1.1

I’ve also been seeing this same issue since the update.

I ran the install for libssl1.1. It stated:
libssl1.1 is already the newest version (1.1.1f-1ubuntu2.20)

I’ve restarted, but server still won’t start and presenting the same error as mentioned above.

1 Like

SSH into your server and go to your amp user with: sudo su -l amp
Then we are going to switch your bedrock instance to Development branch:
ampinstmgr switch instancename Development replacing instancename with the actual name of the instance in AMP.
Then we are going to update your instance with ampinstmgr upgrade instancename

We know of the problem and have a fix for it in the dev branch right now. If you have any more problems please reply on here or join our discord. We are trying to find any more bugs.

Also Zawaz098, i did reply the same thing into your own support ticket

2 Likes

What’s the reference to “we”, Daniel? Lmao. You have nothing to do with the code

testing the code and finding bugs and problems to show ice.

Like anyone else who reports an issue? Lol

I am also having the same issue after an update. I have 3 instances running minecraft bedrock. I update one and it wouldnt start but the other 2 remained up and running. Then I update those and now none work.

same error: [21:28:18] /AMP/./Minecraft/bedrock_server: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Had the same error, when I updated to developer branch now I can no longer manage the instance, says I need to update ADS

I had to pull up a backup I had made prior to updating the server. That was the ONLY thing I have done that has actually worked. Seems like when you update the server it tries to update it to 1.17.10.04 which is a super outdated version.

so now there are some major changes done to the dev branch so if you want to update bedrock to the correct version, then you need to go to https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/download/server/bedrock and download the correct bedrock server for your os and upload the files via sftp to your bedrock instance

Same error message comes up even when using the server files directly from Minecraft.com :disappointed:

Bummer, this was my first ever run experience after buying and installing AMP, so fresh install on Debian 12 x86_64 (non-Docker).

Original issue was not finding libssl.so.1.1
I tried the advice to switch to the development stream but after an update it still failed to start, complaining about a different file this time: libcurl.so.4

can you send your amp log for your bedrock instance on here please?

Microsoft released a Server update file. I downloaded the files directly from minecraft.com and placed the files for bedrock-server-1.20.51.01. With the new files, I was able to start my server without error.

1 Like

Thank you! This might be the answer for now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.