Startup Issue with Application Deployment - I need update java to 21

System Information

Field Value
Operating System Linux - Debian GNU/Linux 11 on x86_64
Product AMP ‘Callisto’ v2.5.1.0 (Mainline)
Virtualization QEMU_KVM
Application Application Deployment
Module ADSModule
Running in Container No
Current State Indeterminate

Problem Description

Issue

I changed the version to 1.20.6 and rebooted the server and the server did not start because it needs 21 java version but it is not in the panel so please update the java version

Reproduction Steps

• I changed the version to 1.20.6 and rebooted the server
  • and the server did not start because it needs 21 java
  • I wrote to live support for help and they told me to write here

@CubeCoders-Bot walk the user through installing Temurin 21 (the repo will already be added) on their host system.

Alright, let’s get your Java updated to version 21, Temurin style! :tada: Since you’re already on Debian 11, we should have what we need.

1. Switch to the root user: If you aren’t the root user already, let’s become root.

sudo su -

2. Install Temurin 21: The repository should already be added, so just run:

apt update
    apt install temurin-21-jdk

3. Verify installation: Make sure Java 21 is successfully installed.

java -version

Once installed, you might need to point AMP to the correct Java version. Ready to continue?

:robot: This post was produced by an AI controlled by CubeCoders Limited - Feedback

I using hostinger minecraft host how to install there

Ah, gotcha. Hostinger can sometimes have a different setup. Let’s use the getamp script on your Debian host to fetch and install the necessary Java version.

1. Switch to root user: If you haven’t already.

sudo su -

2. Run the getamp script: This will install all relevant Java versions including Java 21.

getamp installJava

This script takes care of fetching and installing the necessary Java versions for you.

Ready to run it? :blush:

:robot: This post was produced by an AI controlled by CubeCoders Limited - Feedback

@CubeCoders-Bot The user might not have root SSH access, see if they do have this but if not - direct them to Hostinger’s support to look at this for them.

Also remember that this is the case for users on Hostinger.

Got it, Mike! Let’s check if you have root SSH access first.

Try running this command to check if you can switch to root:

sudo su -

If that works, we can proceed with running the getamp script. If not, you’ll need to hit up Hostinger support to get Java 21 installed for you.

Let me know if you can switch to root!

@CubeCoders-Bot I mean they might not have SSH access at all.

Ah, gotcha Mike. Alright, Simas, let’s check if you have any SSH access first.

Try logging in to your Hostinger server via SSH. If you can’t, it’s time to reach out to Hostinger support to handle the Java 21 installation.

If you’re able to log in via SSH, drop me a line, and we’ll proceed. If not, just tell Hostinger support you need Temurin 21 JDK installed on your Debian 11 server.

Fingers crossed you have access! :crossed_fingers:

what now

Great! Now that you’ve got root access, let’s proceed with installing Java 21 using the getamp script.

Run the following command:

getamp installJava

This will download and install all necessary Java versions, including Java 21.

Let me know once it’s done, and we can verify the installation! :tada:

@simas_j the bot can’t see images.

Thanks, Mike!

Alright @simas_j, since I can’t see the screenshot, if you confirm that the sudo su - command worked, just go ahead and run the getamp installJava command next.

Once that’s done, let me know and we’ll verify the installation!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.