Rust Server will not start, stuck on "Starting"

OS Name/Version: Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS

Product Name/Version: AMP 2.4.0.10 - Rust module

Problem Description: I am trying to start a Rust server with Oxide, and the program hangs while in the “starting” phase, and doesn’t ever start. The CPU and RAM graphs show no usage of either resource, so I think the instance might not be starting. I am new to this, so any help would be appreciated!

If you're sharing console output, logs, or commands you have run, please make sure to use code tags 
(3x backticks for blocks, 1x backtick for a single line) to help make posts readable. This also
provides syntax highlighting.
Platform Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS
System Type aarch64
Virtualization QEMU_KVM
Module RustModule
Loaded Plugins FileManagerPlugin, EmailSenderPlugin, WebRequestPlugin, LocalFileBackupPlugin, CommonCorePlugin
Application Name AMP
Application Version 2.4.0.10
Release Stream Release (aarch64)
Build Date 27/10/2022 18:55
InstanceID 06ed4ea3-1540-4563-aed8-5adbdd85ea96
Last Executable ./rust/258550/RustDedicated
Last Arguments -batchmode -nographics +rcon.password ********** +server.port 28015 +rcon.port 5678 +app.port 28082 +server.ip 0.0.0.0 +server.seed 6738 +server.tickrate 30 +server.hostname My Rust server
Last Process ID 30436

Steps to reproduce:

• Create a new Instance of Rust
  • Try to start the server

Actions taken to resolve so far: Tried starting multiple times, looked into config files

Update: I now have the application running, but Steam shows that there is no connection to the server when I hit ‘connect to Server’. I have ports 28015 and 28016 open on TCP going in for Rust.

If you’re on an ARM system I’m frankly amazed it even started. Rust doesn’t have an aarch64 version so you’re emulating the target system.

I’m guessing this is on Oracle. Have you added ingress rules and checked the firewall ports?

I am using cross-platform execution to get it to run. The server is an Oracle Cloud instance. The ingress rules allow TCP/UDP for the default Rust ports, as well as for the web interface. How would I check the firewall ports?

Also, I checked the server’s ports by running the “ampinstmgr ports” command, and here’s what I have:

amp@xdwrustserver:/home/ubuntu$ ampinstmgr ports XDWsRustServer01
[Info] AMP Instance Manager v2.4.0.10 built 27/10/2022 18:56
[Info] Release spec: Release (aarch64) - built by CUBECODERS/buildbot on CCL-DEV
[Info] Port usage for XDWsRustServer01 (XDW’s Rust Server)
[Info] Instance is currently running.
[Info] LISTENING 8081 TCP (Core.Webserver.Port)
[Info] LISTENING 2224 TCP (FileManagerPlugin.SFTP.SFTPPortNumber)
[Info] CLOSED 28015 UDP (RustModule.Rust.Port)
[Info] LISTENING 5678 TCP (RustModule.Rust.RconPort)
[Info] CLOSED 28082 TCP (RustModule.Rust.AppPlusPort)

I suspect it won’t work properly under CPx. It’s not listed as being compatible so I’d probably just write it off as not usable on ARM. AArch64 \ ARM64 Compatibility

you maybe need to try a specific box64 commit ID.
I had problems starting ARK und valheim after it.
recompile & install box64 with the state of this commit: a43186d137bb06f0bbdc4da4560dcee5023974eb

and then try again

EDIT: And the ressource statistics are currently not working on ubuntu