How to open ports for instance?

OS Name/Version: Ubuntu 22.04

Product Name/Version: 2.4.1.2

Problem Description:
How are you supposed to add port exclusions to an AMP instance? I have a game server running that requires access to an outside metrics server on a port other than the port the game uses.

I assume AMP is firewalling the instance somehow, it’s not really explained in the setup tutorials and I can’t find any information on that on this forum.

I’m guessing we’re supposed to ‘Edit Ports’ on the instance and add the port there; I just get ’ Unable to add port exemption’ every time I try to do that.

Please help.

That is the correct thing to do in order to add extra ports. Could you check AMPs log to see if it gives any information about why it can’t make that change?

I’m a little confused by the log layout but ADS01 logs show the following at approximately the last time I tried to add the port exclusion so may be related to it:

[21:39:28] [Core:AMP_SYSTEM Warning] : Returned exception from API call ADSModule/ApplyInstanceConfiguration
[21:39:28] [Core:AMP_SYSTEM Error] : MissingFieldException
[21:39:28] [Core:AMP_SYSTEM Error] : [0] (MissingFieldException) : ApplyInstanceConfiguration method requires InstanceID(Guid) argument.
[21:39:28] [Core:AMP_SYSTEM Error] :   at GSMyAdmin.WebServer.WebAttributes.InvokeMethod (String MethodName, Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject Data, m.Http.IHttpRequest request, ModuleShared.IWebSession Session, ModuleShared.WebMethodsBase MethodsClass, String RawRequest)
  at GSMyAdmin.WebServer.APIService.InvokeAPI (m.Http.IHttpRequest request, ModuleShared.IWebSession Session, Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject Data, String RequestModule, String RequestMethod, String RawRequest)

Is this in Standalone mode or are you using a controller/target setup?

Target Controller/Setup, although currently only one of each.

Looks like a bug in the AMP<->AMP communication. Try managing the target and making the change there instead.

Success.

Is that something that can be fixed at your end?

It is yes, I’ll need to take a look at that.

Wonderful, thank you for the help.

Just a note that the underlying issue has been addressed, it was a case sensitivity issue in AMPs API layer : InstanceID vs InstanceId

Hey,

i have still the same Problem with my Controller + Target ENV … is not already patched?

Don’t gravedig year-old posts please. Start a new topic if you’re having issues.