Failed to login to remote instance

OS Name/Version: WIndows 10

Product Name/Version: AMP 2.4.0.10

After upgrading to 2.4.0.10 I can no longer log in to manage my Mincraft instance. I can log in to the top level of AMP, but clicking manage on my Minecraft instance gives me the error “Failed to login to remote instance”.

I’ve tried a variety of “ampinstmgr repairauth standalone http://localhost:8081” commands (it seems to occassionally change the port I’m using so I’m not always running that against 8081.

“ampinstmgr status” currently returns:

[Info] AMP Instance Manager v2.4.0.10 built 27/10/2022 18:16
[Info] Release spec: Release - built by CUBECODERS/buildbot on CCL-DEV
Instance Name │ Friendly Name │ Module │ IP │ Port │ Up
───────────────────┼──────────────────┼────────────┼─────────────────┼───────┼───
←]8;;http://127.0.0.1:8082/AMPInstance1-Sp…←]8;; │ AMP Instance … │ ADS │ 0.0.0.0 │ 8082 │ V
←]8;;http://127.0.0.1:8081/Minecraft ←]8;; │ Minecraft │ Minecraft │ 127.0.0.1 │ 8081 │

I’ve done some re-installs and some reboots. Still the same error message.

Any ideas?

Check the AMPConfig.conf for that instance, what is the Auth server URL set to?

C:\AMPDatastore\Instances\Minecraft\AMPConfig.conf:
Login.AuthServerURL=http://127.0.0.1:8082/

Also the log says:

[20:21:40] [System Activity] : Authentication attempt for user admin from 127.0.0.1
[20:21:41] [System Activity] : Authentication failure for user admin from 127.0.0.1 - TokenRejected

i have the same error i did the upgrade and now i cant manage the instance anymore

I still can’t manage this by clicking on it. However I just randomly right-clicked and selected manage in new tab. It prompted me to login, and it let me log in!

Is it possible that when logging in at the top level the login token is expired so quickly it isn’t present when trying to manage instances?

1 Like

Same for me, I just updated and I can’t manage my AMP instances from my principal instance.
It says “Failed to login to remote instance”.
Indeed right click and manage in a new tab works, but it’s not as intuitive as previously …

Same here, tried to run --repairauth numerous times. Clicking “manage on new tab” works but re-prompts for login.

Logs below:

... On ADS ....

[22:20:12] [ADS:<username> Activity] : Managed remote instance Minecraft01 at http://127.0.0.1:9001/
[22:20:13] [Auth:<username> Activity] : Authentication token for <username> requested by ManageInstance on behalf of <username>
[22:22:04] [ADS:<username> Activity] : Managed remote instance Minecraft01 at http://127.0.0.1:9001/
[22:22:04] [Auth:<username> Activity] : Authentication token for <username> requested by ManageInstance on behalf of <username>

... On Remote ....

[22:22:04] [Core Debug]           : Login request from 127.0.0.1 for <username>
[22:22:04] [Core Activity]        : Authentication attempt for user <username> from 127.0.0.1
[22:22:04] [Core Debug]           : Logging in via remote auth server http://127.0.0.1:8081/...
[22:22:04] [Core Activity]        : Authentication failure for user <username> from 127.0.0.1 - TokenRejected

I’ve also tried variations on localhost here as well (with and without trailing slash)

Can you verify that your auth server is correct like mentioned above? It seems you’re using port 9001 for ADS so extra steps would be needed to make sure it’s right on instances.

AMP Minecraft instance is running on port 9001. ADS is running on port 8081 and the configuration is set to use http://localhost:8081/.

I’ve attempted variations (http://127.0.0.1:8081/ and without the trailing slash).

I’ve used --repairauth, but it doesn’t seem to work.

Again - going to a new tab via “manage on new tab” works fine - so that indicates to me that the auth system is setup properly? This also wasn’t happening until the latest update.

I have not tried the new version that just dropped today.

What does the repairauth command give for output?

I’ve upgraded to 2.4.1.2 and still have the same issue.

If I run “ampinstmgr repairauth standalone http://127.0.0.1:8082” I get the following output>

[Info] AMP Instance Manager v2.4.1.2 built 21/12/2022 17:55
[Info] Release spec: Release - built by CUBECODERS/buildbot on CCL-DEV
[Info] Reconfiguring ADS…
[Notice] AMP Service port ranges have not been specified, using any available…
[Notice] Application Service port ranges have not been specified, using any available…
[Error] ReflectionTypeLoadException
[Error] [0] (ReflectionTypeLoadException) : Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
[Error] at InstanceManagerPlugin.LocalInstanceManager.GetProvisionArguments(String ModuleName)
[Error] FileNotFoundException
[Error] [0] (FileNotFoundException) : Could not load file or assembly ‘mHttp, Version=0.1.6296.32466, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
[Error] [0] (ReflectionTypeLoadException) : Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
[Error] at InstanceManagerPlugin.LocalInstanceManager.GetProvisionArguments(String ModuleName)
[Error] [0] (FileNotFoundException) : Could not load file or assembly ‘mHttp, Version=0.1.6296.32466, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
[Info] New ADS URL is http://127.0.0.1:8080/
[Info] Reconfiguring Instances…
[Info] Reconfiguring Minecraft…
[Warning] Failed to register job process
[Info] Done!

As noted in the output, I can now access AMP at http://127.0.0.1:8080 but when trying to access my minecraft instance I still get the ‘failed to login to remote instance’ message.

ThePotatoKing’s Discord Solution

I was having the same sort of errors come up - however, I wasn’t able to access anything at all. This appears to have got everything working:

1. ThePotatoKing Yesterday at 3:04 PM

I usually run:
ampinstmgr --StopAllInstances
then
ampinstmgr --UpgradeAll --no-cache
(in CLI/SSH) (edited)

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried this, but doesn’t help. I still need to log in separately to the top level and then again to the “instance=” instance.

I got the same issue, “manage in new tab” somehow works (although all settings seem to be lost and I can therefore not start the servers since they don’t even know where their .exe files are located), but when trying to connect from the main instance I get a “Token rejected” in the log of the instance.

Does anyone who has been affected by this issue know if 2.4.2 fixes it? Hesitant to be the first to make the leap :slight_smile:

This is a configuration issue, not an AMP bug/issue. Make sure the auth server URL is correct and points to your primary ADS issue, and can be accessed by your instances.

Also make sure all your instances are the same version.

If you’re using controller/target mode - make sure MapAllPluginStores is turned on in the AMPConfig.conf files of each ADS instance.

Thanks Mike, can you explain to me how to fix my configuration issue? As you will see from above nothing I have tried has helped.

many thanks

Well you’ll need to update to the latest version globally before I can really advise, so do that first and I’ll need to know if you’re using Standalone or Controller+Target mode.

Hi Mike,

I have upgraded all instances and ampinstmgr. I’m using standalone mode.

Okay, and what do the logs for both the game instance and the ADS instance say in the moment just after trying to manage it?