Failed to login to remote instance

ADS instance:
[21:44:58] [ADS:admin Activity] : Managed remote instance Minecraft at http://127.0.0.1:8081/
[21:44:59] [GSMyAdmin:admin Activity] : Authentication token for admin requested by ManageInstance on behalf of admin

Game instance:
[21:45:00] [Core Activity] : Authentication attempt for user admin from 127.0.0.1
[21:45:01] [Core Activity] : Authentication failure for user admin from 127.0.0.1 - TokenRejected

And is UseAuthServer set to true on that game instance? In its AMPConfig.conf

Yes, it is.

################################
# Login
################################
Login.UseAuthServer=True
# Login.AuthServerURL - The URL for the ADS instance providing authentication when using UseAuthServer
Login.AuthServerURL=http://127.0.0.1:8080/
Login.MetricsServerPort=12820
Login.UseLDAPLogins=False
Login.LDAPAuthDomain=
Login.LDAPGroupPrefix=AMP_

Same issue. I have tried every single hint from this topic…

Avoid ‘me too’ posts please without including full information about your setup. This post is a couple of weeks old and AMP has had updates since then.

Dear Mike, did I miss “please” in your sentence ?
AMP on Unraid server, reinstalled and Minecraft instance re-imported. Only works right click and Manage in new tab.

You did - it was the 4th word. If you’re running a 3rd party Docker container on Unraid that’s not a supported configuration and you need to contact the image maintainer for any support. We only support Unraid when running in a VM.

Thank you, indeed I did :slight_smile:

Hi Mike,

Have you had any further ideas what the problem I’m experiencing is caused by?

You’re probably going to say that 2.4.3.0 won’t address my issue - but I’ll ask anyway, does it? :smiley:

many thanks

Yes, the library issue some people experienced has been fixed. Make sure to follow the “Something not working on Windows” guide from the knowledge base.

Thanks Mike,

I’ve followed these steps exactly:

• Stop AMP fully by running ampinstmgr stopall in a new command prompt.
  • Use Task Manager to make sure all AMP.exe and AMPService.exe processes are stopped.
  • Download a fresh copy of AMPSetup.msi - and run it in Repair mode.
  • Run ampinstmgr --nocache upgradeall in a command prompt.
  • Reboot the system

I regret to note that I still have the problem with the same error messages in the logs as before:

[11:42:09] [ADS:admin Activity] : Managed remote instance Minecraft at http://127.0.0.1:8081/
[11:42:09] [GSMyAdmin:admin Activity] : Authentication token for admin requested by ManageInstance on behalf of admin

[11:42:11] [Core Activity] : Authentication attempt for user admin from 127.0.0.1
[11:42:12] [Core Activity] : Authentication failure for user admin from 127.0.0.1 - TokenRejected

I’m happy to try anything else if you have any other suggestions?

So that’s nothing to do with the update - that’s a misconfiguration.

Is that second log from the ADS instance or from the Minecraft instance? Also what is the output of ampinstmgr status ?