OS Name/Version: windows 10 pro
Product Name/Version: 22.214.171.124
After updating from 126.96.36.199, I am unable to manage my Ark or Minecraft instances each time I get the
“Failed to login to remote instance, Invalid Username or password”
Actions taken to resolve so far:
I have followed the update guide to the letter, I have also followed the advice on the post. Something not working on Windows? Try the following:
as well as trying to reset the password’s using ampinstmgr resetlogin, with no effect.
any help would be appreciated.
Have you checked AMPs logs? You can find them by right clicking the instances and selecting “View Logs”.
I have looked in the AMP logs, and the only issue I can see is this:-
[15:27:35] [Core Warning] : No such setting node: ARKModule.Network.GamePort - maybe the relevant plugin/module isn’t loaded?
[15:27:35] [Core Warning] : No such setting node: ARKModule.Network.QueryPort - maybe the relevant plugin/module isn’t loaded?
[15:27:35] [Core Warning] : No such setting node: ARKModule.Network.RCONPort - maybe the relevant plugin/module isn’t loaded?
but I have no idea how to rectify it.
Looks like something butchered the configuration, do the following:
ampinstmgr --nocache upgradeall
Go to ADS and right click on that instance, and edit any setting, then apply the changes.
I have tried that, but I’m still getting the “Failed to login to remote instance, Invalid Username or password” but there is no longer an issue in the log files. is there any other way that might solve the problem? if it helps to narrow down the problem, I am able to create new instances and manage those with no issue, and my older redundant servers still work, but the most recent 3 servers all have the same issue.
ampinstmgr repairauth standalone http://localhost:8080 assuming ADS is on port 8080.
I’ve tried that and still no change, as I cant seem to fix the issue, I have found a work around I’ve created a new instance and copied all game data over to it. its not perfect but it works.
I wish I knew why it happened to be able to avoid it happening in future, however my daughters are going stir crazy waiting for me to fix it.
There was a bug in an update that made parts of AMP reset its configuration as it tried to recover. It’s nothing you did wrong and not likely to reoccur.