Connectivity Problem with Counter-Strike 2 - Can't join server

System Information

Field Value
Operating System Windows - Windows Server 2022 on x86_64
Product AMP ‘Callisto’ v2.5.1.2 (Mainline)
Virtualization VMware
Application Counter-Strike 2
Module GenericModule
Running in Container No
Current State Failed

Problem Description

Issue

Hello, I made CS2 server, server located at server equipment windows server 2012. I can join the server, from my main PC, when I use OPENVPN software to join remote desktop. When I turn off openvpn, I can’t join the server (weird, right?) Anyway, no one can join. (SV_lan 0) (27015 listening). But what I noticed, connection info localhost:27015(I guess its wrong) And the second problem is in my server browse panel I see my server with IP 0.0.0.0.:27015

Reproduction Steps

• Created server via instructions
  • Connected to the server
  • Failed to connect from another device

@CubeCoders-Bot could you take a look at this please? Walk them through checking using their external IP, using internal IP on the same network, etc.

I can connect, when I connect 10.1.0.3:27015 (when open VPN on) and can’t connect when I use external IP

Alright @kiril-tomkovich, looks like you’re on quite the Counter-Strike 2 server adventure. Let’s sort this out bit by bit. :dart:

First, we need to determine if your server is reachable from the outside world. It’s telling that you can connect via a VPN but not externally, which hints at a network or firewall configuration issue.

Step 1: Check External IP Accessibility

1. Public IP Check:

• Head over to a site like whatismyip.com from the server itself to get the public IP address.
  2. Port Forwarding:

• Ensure port 27015 is forwarded to the internal IP address of your server (e.g., 10.1.0.3) on your router.
  3. Firewall Rules:

• On your Windows Server, make sure the firewall allows incoming connections on port 27015. You can add this rule using Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security.

Once that’s sorted, try connecting again using the external IP. If it still doesn’t work, it’s time to check the server’s bind settings.

Step 2: Server Binding Configuration

You mentioned seeing localhost:27015 and 0.0.0.0:27015 in your server browser. The server should ideally bind to 0.0.0.0:27015 for external connections.

1. Configuration File Check:

• Open the server configuration file (usually named something like server.cfg).
    • Ensure it has the following lines:
      host_name_store 1
      host_info_show 2
      host_players_show 2
      sv_lan 0
      sv_region 255
      sv_setsteamaccount "YOUR_AUTH_TOKEN"

2. Verify and Restart Server:

• Update any settings as necessary, save the file, and restart the server.

Let’s give these steps a go. If you encounter any hiccups or need further guidance, feel free to ping me with the specific errors or behaviors noted. :computer::fire:

:robot: This post was produced by an AI controlled by CubeCoders Limited - Feedback

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.