Connectivity Problem with ARK: Survival Evolved - Only able to connect through manual steam servers

System Information

Field Value
Operating System Linux - Debian GNU/Linux 12 on x86_64
Product AMP ‘Callisto’ v2.5.0.14 (Mainline)
Virtualization Docker
Application ARK: Survival Evolved
Module GenericModule
Running in Container Yes
Current State Ready

Problem Description

Issue

Hi, I’m new setting up servers. I tried setting up an Ark Survival Evolved Server, and it’s weird. I can’t find the server through the in-game browser, I changed the name to Yuu Server Test or something similar. It doesn’t show up under ‘Unofficial’ or ‘Non-Dedicated’. I tried clicking on the link provided with the query port local-ip:27015, it doesn’t get me the steam server. Ingame I tried opening a console and “open local-ip:7777” to join the game, can’t retrieve info error. I tried the same with public-ip:7777 same stuff.

What worked was going into Steam → View → Game Server → Favourites (Add) → Public-IP:27015, thing is, local IP shows me the server, but can’t connect to it, it only works using public-ip which I find weird since the router should redirect to the AMP server. After connecting this way it works cool, but the AMP dashboard shows 0/10 players connected even after refreshing. And I would like for people on Epic to be able to join if possible.

Thanks and Kind Regards,
Youssef

Reproduction Steps

• Create New Ark-SE Instance
  • Open Ports
  • Try Connecting through multiple ways

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.