Configuration with Palworld - Server not reflecting config changes

System Information

Field Value
Operating System Linux - Debian GNU/Linux 12 on x86_64
Product AMP ‘Decadeus’ v2.4.7.0 (Mainline)
Virtualization Docker
Application Palworld
Module GenericModule
Running in Container Yes
Current State Starting

Problem Description


When ever i change any settings in server settings for pal worlds it doesn’t reflect in game. It wont let me set a password or the name of the server. Also the server doesn’t show the active users on. And starts but is showing “starting palworld” and “Aplicationstate:starting”

Reproduction Steps

  • Started server
  • Nothing in console
  • Doesn’t reflect changes made to server settings

Make sure that whatever platform you’re using doesn’t have a separate configuration panel. We’re also using a docker virtualization using AMP as the front end UI. I changed the config files 3 times before we found that there is a separate “configuration” section in the instance that has all the settings for the world that you can change with text fields and drop downs. Changing these resolved the issue. Seems that these settings overwrite whatever is in the config file each time the server is restarted. Try looking for something like this on your own instance.

1 Like

Can you go into a little more detail and where these configs paths would be? I just deployed it via amp UI so it’s file structure is vanilla. It runs but still doing the same thing as I explained above. I basically have no control over the server.

Unless you are talking about the actual server and gameplay settings in amp. Those still do nothing and don’t effect the server when changed.

Once you click on the instance in AMP and click “Manage” one of the options on the side panel should be “Configuration” inside the web UI. This is the configuration settings that override the actual config files in the file manager section of AMP.

I’m not super familiar with setting up AMP as our friend is the one hosting it and setting it up, so our platform may differ from yours a bit, but I’m administering the server itself from AMP.

This is what ours looks like.

and the settings themselves that appear under Configuration look like this. I had to change the multiplier settings as well as gameplay settings to get things how we wanted it. Changed them there, restarted the server, and when I checked back in on the config text files after doing that, it had finally overwritten the values inside the config.

Thanks for the detail! Yeah mine looks the same. I think I’m gonna go through a full restart of my system to see if that fixes it when I get home. And the dashboard works as normal? You can see how many people are on?

Honestly might just be my ads01 messing up hard.

no problem! I don’t know if the dashboard completely works. The user count doesn’t seem to be very fast to update, or doesn’t update at all, but the CPU and Memory seems to work fine in real time.

1 Like

I know it doesn’t help much but I will say that my Windows instance also is running but the AMP interface shows it as in a constant starting state. So you are not alone with that I guess.

1 Like

Good to know I’m not the only one :skull:

Check out my reply on this ticket. it should hopefully “fix” your issue. It will require someone to push an update to the templates and hopefully it won’t break working instances.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.