AMP Cannot Start CS:GO Dedicated Server

OS Name/Version: Windows Server 2019 Datacenter

Product Name/Version: 2.3.3.0

Problem Description:

I’ve created a new instance of AMP from the main AMP instance, like this guy and this guy but I still can’t seem to get CS:GO to start. I’ve been reading in other places that srcds doesn’t like running as a service, but in AMPInstmgr, my new instance is not a service.

Instance ID        │ ******
Module             │ srcds
Instance Name      │ csgo
Friendly Name      │ csgo
URL                │ http://127.0.0.1:8083/
Running            │ No
Service Instance   │ No
AMP Version        │ 2.3.3.0
Release Stream     │ Mainline
Data Path          │ C:\AMPDatastore\Instances\csgo

Steps to reproduce (same as mentioned post):

• Install AMP
  • Add new Instance called csgo with the application drop down of “Counter-Strike: Global Offensive”
  • Wait for install
  • Start instance
  • Manage the instance
  • Update - and wait
  • Press Start under instance dashboard
  • Watch the CPU and Memory spike, then drop, spike then drop…repeat ad nausea

The logs, other than initial setup is just basically:

[20:48:21] [API:aytimothy Activity] : Starting the application.
[20:48:24] [srcds:aytimothy Warning] : The application stopped unexpectedly. Exit code -532265403
[20:48:26] [srcds:aytimothy Warning] : The application stopped unexpectedly. Exit code -532265403
[20:48:27] [srcds:aytimothy Warning] : The application stopped unexpectedly. Exit code -532265403
[20:48:30] [srcds:aytimothy Warning] : The application stopped unexpectedly. Exit code -532265403
[20:48:32] [srcds:aytimothy Warning] : The application stopped unexpectedly. Exit code -532265403
[20:48:34] [srcds:aytimothy Warning] : The application stopped unexpectedly. Exit code -532265403
[20:48:38] [srcds:aytimothy Warning] : The application stopped unexpectedly. Exit code -532265403
[20:48:42] [srcds:aytimothy Warning] : The application stopped unexpectedly. Exit code -532265403
[20:48:44] [srcds:aytimothy Warning] : The application stopped unexpectedly. Exit code -532265403
[20:48:46] [srcds:aytimothy Warning] : The application stopped unexpectedly. Exit code -532265403
[20:48:48] [srcds:aytimothy Warning] : The application stopped unexpectedly. Exit code -532265403
[20:48:50] [srcds:aytimothy Warning] : The application stopped unexpectedly. Exit code -532265403
[20:48:53] [srcds:aytimothy Warning] : The application stopped unexpectedly. Exit code -532265403

I’ve also tried with the -console parameter for srcds and it doesn’t launch either.

It’s also definitely not because I’m running as “Administrator” (as in the root account) because I’ve copy-pasted the command that AMP is attempting in a command prompt, and it runs without problem.

"./srcds/740\srcds.exe" -game csgo -console -usercon -ip 0.0.0.0 -port 27015 +rcon_password ********* +map de_dust2 +maxplayers 20 +hostname "aytimothy's CS:GO Server" +sv_password  +sv_downloadurl  +sv_pure 1 +log on -authkey ********* +game_type 0 +game_mode 2 +mapgroup mg_active -maxplayers_override 20 +sv_setsteamaccount ********* +logaddress_add 127.0.0.1:54658

Set the server IP to an actual address rather than 0.0.0.0.

It still endlessly crashes but this time AMP is picking up output from the server. Also, AMP thinks it’s running even though it’s actually continuously and repeatedly starting, restarting and crashing.

When we manually ran the server (which meant keeping a RDP session open), everything was working; window popped up, other players were able to connect, etc.

I don’t think it’s a networking issue.

Logs still also report the same exit code. Tried connecting through CS:GO and it’s definitely not running.

Try running AMP not as a service. srcds doesn’t like being run as a background service on Windows sometimes. (Linux is really recommended for source servers)

Try not running AMP as a service

Just the CS:GO instance or all?

It’s all or nothing - you have to remove the CSGO instance, convert the ADS instance to not run as a service, then make a new CSGO instance.

Is there any documentation on how to de-service an instance? I assume it’s not as simple as ampinstmgr uninstall AMPInstance1-ADS (or going into the Instance Manager, right clicking the ADS instance and uninstalling it as a service)?

Or am I doing something wrong and it is that simple?

The right click and uninstall service is the right method. But when you do that you’d no longer be able to use any instances you currently have created as they’re owned by NETWORK SERVICE and any new instances will be owned by your user account. Like Mike said, Linux, even if you need to setup a VM, is much better in this case.