Windows Desktop Install - Access to server

OS Name/Version:
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro (Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0)

Product Name/Version: (Always use the full version number - not ‘Latest’)
AMP Release “Halimede” v2.4.1.2, built 21/12/2022 17:54

Problem Description:
After installation cannot access management panel or configured games from other computers on the same network or external.

Steps to reproduce:
Visit CubeCoders

select Windows Desktop

Download and execute install file

Follow prompted instructions to complete installation 

Actions taken to resolve so far:
I can see the AMP server on my network and RDP into it
Added game ports to firewall inbound rules
Turned Firewall off on AMP host computer

The firewall must be switched on or you won’t be able to connect.

Are you able to access the interface locally?

Hi Mike,

Yes, I can access the interface and I have been able to setup a couple of game instances. The issue I am having is trying to access the game instances and the console (from other computers that is).

I previously had a Linux instance running and it worked very well for me. I am trying to get Windows working to have access to more/ different games to host.

What’s the output of ampinstmgr updatefirewall in an admin command prompt?

Here it is:

C:\Windows\System32>ampinstmgr updatefirewall
[Info] AMP Instance Manager v2.4.1.2 built 21/12/2022 17:55
[Info] Release spec: Release - built by CUBECODERS/buildbot on CCL-DEV
[Info] Using Windows Advanced Firewall firewall.
[Error] ReflectionTypeLoadException
[Error] [0] (ReflectionTypeLoadException) : Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
[Error] at InstanceManagerPlugin.LocalInstanceManager.GetProvisionArguments(String ModuleName)
[Error] FileNotFoundException
[Error] [0] (FileNotFoundException) : Could not load file or assembly ‘mHttp, Version=0.1.6296.32466, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
[Error] [0] (ReflectionTypeLoadException) : Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
[Error] at InstanceManagerPlugin.LocalInstanceManager.GetProvisionArguments(String ModuleName)
[Error] [0] (FileNotFoundException) : Could not load file or assembly ‘mHttp, Version=0.1.6296.32466, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
[Info] Adding 15 new firewall rules
[Info] Firewall rule to add: UDP/12820 (AMP:ADS01:ADSModule.Network.MetricsServerPort)
[Info] Firewall rule to add: UDP/27016 (AMP:OTLEngineers-DeadRabbits01:GenericModule.App.Ports.$ApplicationPort1)
[Info] Firewall rule to add: UDP/8766 (AMP:OTLEngineers-DeadRabbits01:GenericModule.App.Ports.$ApplicationPort2)
[Info] Firewall rule to add: TCP/7777 (AMP:OTLBuilders-DeadRabbits01:GenericModule.App.ApplicationPort1)
[Info] Firewall rule to add: UDP/7777 (AMP:OTLBuilders-DeadRabbits01:GenericModule.App.ApplicationPort1)
[Info] Firewall rule to add: TCP/15000 (AMP:OTLBuilders-DeadRabbits01:GenericModule.App.ApplicationPort2)
[Info] Firewall rule to add: UDP/15000 (AMP:OTLBuilders-DeadRabbits01:GenericModule.App.ApplicationPort2)
[Info] Firewall rule to add: TCP/15777 (AMP:OTLBuilders-DeadRabbits01:GenericModule.App.ApplicationPort3)
[Info] Firewall rule to add: UDP/15777 (AMP:OTLBuilders-DeadRabbits01:GenericModule.App.ApplicationPort3)
[Info] Firewall rule to add: TCP/2456 (AMP:OTLVikings-DeadRabbits01:GenericModule.App.ApplicationPort1)
[Info] Firewall rule to add: UDP/2456 (AMP:OTLVikings-DeadRabbits01:GenericModule.App.ApplicationPort1)
[Info] Firewall rule to add: TCP/2457 (AMP:OTLVikings-DeadRabbits01:GenericModule.App.ApplicationPort2)
[Info] Firewall rule to add: UDP/2457 (AMP:OTLVikings-DeadRabbits01:GenericModule.App.ApplicationPort2)
[Info] Firewall rule to add: TCP/8777 (AMP:OTLEngineers-DeadRabbits01:GenericModule.App.Ports.$RemoteAdminPort)
[Info] Firewall rule to add: UDP/8777 (AMP:OTLEngineers-DeadRabbits01:GenericModule.App.Ports.$RemoteAdminPort)
[Info] No existing firewall rules to remove

Cool, try connecting now.

Awesome Mike!

I can now access the games and so can my group.

I still cannot access the management console outside of the host computer though but the major hurdle has been overcome.

Thanks for the help.

Add port 8080 TCP manually to the Windows Firewall :slight_smile:

Hmmm still not working… but I am comfortable to keep poking away at it and resolve this issue.