Will there be a version of AMP for all/other arch distros?

Hello.

I just wanted to ask if there’s a chance other arch distros will get a release of AMP too.

I’ve been on Windows 10 for the longest time but recently changed to Garuda. I’d like to run my game servers using AMP, but the one-line-install says “AMP only supports aarch64 on Debian and Red Hat/CentOS based distros at this time.”, hence my question.

What distro are you wanting to use? There aren’t that many that are commonly used on aarch64 systems.

Also make sure you’re not mixing up ‘arch’ (the distro) with ‘aarch64’ (the platform)

Edit: I can see you have indeed made that mistake. AMPs arch instructions should work on any Arch based distro. However you will have the pitfalls with it being a distro that isn’t tested against or validated. This also isn’t a server distro so not the best for use with AMP.

Oh, oops! I indeed made that mistake.

I would want to use it on Garuda for now, I intend to get a separate server pc in the future on which I’ll install Debian, but for now I unfortunately don’t have the money for it.

The one-line-install for arch didn’t work though, I got the error I wrote above. Are there instructions on how to install manually somewhere? Seems I’ll have to do that.

Thank you for your very fast answer!

Can you show me the full output? Also the output of uname -a

Sure thing!

First ldd --version:

ldd (GNU libc) 2.38
Copyright (C) 2023 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Written by Roland McGrath and Ulrich Drepper.

Here’s the full output of the one-line-command and what to do before:

sudo su -
[sudo] password for kirschi:          
[root@KirschiLinux ~]# bash <(wget -qO- getamp.sh)
Please wait while GetAMP examines your system and network configuration...
/dev/fd/62: line 12: arch: command not found
 - Checking installed packages...
 - Checking environment...
 - Checking network configuration...
AMP only supports aarch64 on Debian and Red Hat/CentOS based distros at this time.

And here’s the output of uname -a:

Linux KirschiLinux 6.6.7-zen1-1-zen #1 ZEN SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Thu, 14 Dec 2023 03:45:20 +0000 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Your distro is missing the arch command, find out what package you need to get that and install it.

Oh man, I misinterpreted that as well… sorry. I got the package and now it works, thank you very much!

can you send the name of the package? I can’t find it

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.