When friend joins, world never loads, spawns in void, server freezes and watchdog kills it

OS Name/Version:

Product Name/Version: (Always use the full version number - not ‘Latest’)

Problem Description: When my friends try to join the game, they enter the void. the world never loads. memory spikes to 10.34 GB out of 10 GB, everything freezes, watchdog kills the server because it has been frozen for a minute. server gives no useful information in the console, I don’t know if the logs have good info. For some reason why I join the game this does not happen, It only happens to my friend. We are in the same house on wifi, the server is in my basement connected to ethernet so the difference is not connectivity, I think it’s something happening at their location in the world.

crash log:

Steps to reproduce:

• Step 1 Modded Minecraft server with Minecraft version:1.19.2 Java version:18.0.2.1 Forge version:43.2.11

• Step 2 use commands to kill all duplicate entities by loading chunk and then killing them before they crash the server (I think this was a separate issue, but the duplicate entity errors have stopped appearing)

• Step 3 I don’t know how to reproduce it fully. This just started happening one day and I have no idea what the cause was, this just started happening and to date the console has given me nothing useful to base my suspicions off of. The only two changes I can thing of that happened between before the error started and now would be the Minecraft Christmas textures coming into effect, and me adding a port rule on my router so voicechat would work. This voicechat thing was done after the error had already started so I really have no idea.

Actions taken to resolve so far:

killing the duplicate entities, stopping the server and hitting update, and teleporting my friend away from the location they joined at (the server crashed before this would work).

I hope there is something in the logs that I just don’t have the experience to understand that could help, assistance & advice are greatly appreciated (:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.