Using offline mode for Minecraft

Moderator here. The following post is inaccurate but I’m leaving it here regardless.

AMP absolutely let’s you run a server in offline mode. If it didn’t then it wouldn’t be usable with proxies like Velocity and Bungeecord which requires that the servers are in offline mode. AMP even has a setting to accommodate this use case. If you have a genuine need for offline mode then I suggest you look into AMPs settings surrounding the use of proxies.

It is important to note that this has always been the case, nothing has been removed or changed. Adding a more direct setting for users of server proxies is actually a relatively recent addition.

But unless someone is using a proxy, we simply won’t discuss the matter. While it is doable, we do not allow discussions of piracy and won’t anyone you with it.

Editing the file permissions to prevent overwriting will prevent the game from working properly, but this is not an AMP issue.

Original post follows:

AMP is strictly an online only panel now and they should advertise it as such ,
They have taken options like ol mode in Minecraft away even though it is a supported feature in Minecraft from Microsoft.

I have been a big fan of AMP and recommended it a bunch but since it is a crippled form what it used to be,I am inquiring about a refund on all our behalf. People who have used AMP for LAN and unstable internet connections or for testing purposes can no longer do so.

If you try and set the setting manually like you can do without AMP and set it so AMP does not have write permissions you get this and the server can’t start:

Generating new properties file
Server thread/WARN19:29:30
Failed to save server.properties
Console19:29:30
java.io.FileNotFoundException: server.properties (Permission denied)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.open0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_382]
at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(FileOutputStream.java:270) ~[?:1.8.0_382]
at java.io.FileOutputStream.(FileOutputStream.java:213) ~[?:1.8.0_382]
at java.io.FileOutputStream.(FileOutputStream.java:162) ~[?:1.8.0_382]
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.PropertyManager.func_73668_b(SourceFile:50) [nw.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.PropertyManager.func_73666_a(SourceFile:44) [nw.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.PropertyManager.func_73668_b(SourceFile:54) [nw.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.PropertyManager.func_73666_a(SourceFile:44) [nw.class:?]

Posting to confirm original post was mod edited and locked.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.