'Use Synchronous Chunk Writes' Not Working In Minecraft Module

OS Name/Version: Unraid OS 6.9.2 (Docker Container based on Ubuntu 20.04)

Product Name/Version: AMP Triton v2.3.4.4 (Minecraft Module)

Problem Description:

In Minecraft ‘Server Settings’, “Use Synchronous Chunk Writes” does not properly modify the server.properties and is always overriden with “True”. When editing the server.properties manually, the “sync-chunk-writes” is always overridden with true. I’ve also tried modifying it and then importing the configuration but the field isn’t recognized.

Steps to reproduce:

• Modify 'Use Synchronous Chunk Writes" field.
  • Start server
  • Check server.properties to see it has not changed

Actions taken to resolve so far:

• Change setting in ‘Server Settings’
  • Modified server.properties manually and “Imported Configuration”

Unraid is only supported in situations where AMP is being run inside a standard virtual machine and you have used the official installation instructions. We cannot offer support for using 3rd party and unofficial Docker images to run AMP as we have no control over them and can make no assumptions on how they are set up. If you are doing so, you must contact the maintainer of that image for any support. Support for the most widely used unofficial image can be found here:

Hi,

Thank you for the speedy reply. In this case, I am using the Docker container you’ve provided and everything else has been working perfectly for 1+ years now. I don’t feel that this is partial to my instance being in a container seeing as every other configuration option works in my panel. I’ve also seen multiple other reports of this same issue on the Discord server as linked below.

https://discord.com/channels/266012086423912458/266014051421650944/989281038943518760

https://discord.com/channels/266012086423912458/266014051421650944/926099883193171991

If it’s strictly necessary, then I’d be willing to boot up an Ubuntu VM and reproduce it but I don’t think it’s necessary.

We do not provide any (supported) Docker containers except for the one that AMP itself uses to create instances.

I’m sorry, let me rephrase. I’m using the AMP-Dockerized that was mentioned in the first reply. But this issue seems to be spread across more than just my instance as referenced in my last reply. Do I need to boot up a new Ubuntu VM and demonstrate that this is happening on a supported OS?

I am having this same issue, but I’m not using a Docker container. I am using the standard AMP instance on a windows machine. After changing the setting in the server settings, and manually in the server.properties it resets back to true.

I’m having the same issue. Whenever you go into the ‘server.properties’ file and change ‘sync-chunk-writes=true’ to ‘sync-chunk-writes=false’. It just changes itself back when you start the server. Any help with this would be helpful.