Update Failure with Valheim - cmd.exe failed with exit code 1

System Information

Field Value
Operating System Windows - Windows Server 2022 on x86_64
Product AMP ‘Callisto’ v2.5.0.8 (Mainline)
Virtualization VMware
Application Valheim
Module GenericModule
Running in Container No
Current State Failed

Problem Description

Issue

After updating AMP, the Vailheim server stopped updating, and AMP itself stopped working after rebooting the computer. I had to manually restart the service (even though it was running) for it to start working. A full reinstallation of AMP solved the problem of AMP autoloading, but now I can’t deploy or update the Valheim server, it gives an error.
This task could not be completed: Running Update Tasks - - State: 3.
cmd.exe failed with exit code 1

Reproduction Steps

• deploy new Valheim instance
  • wait for update instance
  • got cmd error

Update your instance from the main instances screen to refresh its config

1 Like

I have everything updated. I’ve done this many times. In fact, after the update, it’s not even possible to delete the instance through the web interface, only manually. I’ve even reinstalled AMP and tried to deploy the server again. This update broke AMP, I had to move the server to another machine and run Valheim the old-fashioned way. I don’t see anyone working on the problem. Below, there are a bunch of other topics with a similar problem.

I’ve given you the solution, it is already fixed. Fine if you want to ignore it. Reinstalling AMP has probably created other issues for you. Good luck.

I’m sorry, I didn’t understand what you meant at first. Only now, after your second message, I understood. I did as you wrote and the instance successfully updated and started working. Thanks for the advice!

PS: However, this is a workaround. The developers should still fix the problem so that we don’t have to twist and turn.

I received the same error. I followed @Greelan instructions, but received the same error (Valheim). I updated AMP to the latest version (v2.5.0.8). I did not reinstall AMP. Still same error.