Update Failure with Satisfactory - getting an error when updating satisfactory server

System Information

Field Value
Operating System Linux - Debian GNU/Linux 13 on x86_64
Product AMP ‘Deimos’ v2.7.2.4 (Mainline)
Virtualization Docker
Application Satisfactory
Module GenericModule
Running in Container Yes
Current State Stopped

Problem Description

Issue

This task could not be completed: Updating… - Updating Satisfactory - State: 3.

Failed to request app info update, not online or not logged in to Steam.

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public…Retrying…
CreateBoundSocket: failed to create socket, error [no name available] (38)
Retrying…
CreateBoundSocket: failed to create socket, error [no name available] (38)
Retrying…
CreateBoundSocket: failed to create socket, error [no name available] (38)
Retrying…
CreateBoundSocket: failed to create socket, error [no name available] (38)
FAILED (No Connection)
app_update 1690800 -beta experimental validate
ERROR! Failed to request app info update, not online or not logged in to Steam.

Reproduction Steps

  • upgraded the instance
  • looked through files for some kind of steam connection key
  • pinged steams servers from inside the container, was able to reach the server.

I’d recommend switching to Podman since you are on Debian 13. Docker has an issue since the copy fail exploit fix. I think it is possible to rollback to a previous version of Docker if you insists on using Docker.

To switch to Podman:
Configuration → Instance Deployment → Deployment Defaults (tab) Scroll down and look for Container Manager and I am not certain but I think you can change that to Podman if you have it installed on your system and your game instance/container will be recreated in Podman and it should update and/or start fine.

Great good to know! I had not seen that post.