Update Failure with Palworld - cant start server after update

System Information

Field Value
Operating System Linux - Debian GNU/Linux 12 on x86_64
Product AMP ‘Callisto’ v2.5.0.4 (Mainline)
Virtualization Docker
Application Palworld
Module GenericModule
Running in Container Yes
Current State Stopped

Problem Description

Issue

When i updated the AMP and the server, the AMP installed fine, but now after i updated the server, when i click start, it keeps trying to install the same update for the server when i already did it before, and now my server goes in a loop of updating and not starting. Everything is up to date including the server.

Reproduction Steps

• updated my server to latest callisto version
  • clicking start but server keeps trying to do the same update
  • updated the amp version as well to the latest one

Having the exact same issue. It seems like creating a new instance and updating it works just fine, but updated an existing instance causes the update loop. NO idea why.

Just chiming in here with the same issue on both my native Linux Palworld server as well as my Wine-based modded install.

On a side note, does anyone know how to properly migrate a Palworld save game from one server to the other? I was going to just migrate the save to a fresh server but I can’t seem to figure it out.

If you searched the forum you will see this has been answered multiple times.

Stop your instance. Click update on your instance (selecting “I have taken a backup”). Check that no errors in console.

@Greelan, thank you for this, it fixed the issue for me. I did try and search for this issue but was only able to find this post relating to my issue specifically.

I did a normal upgrade to my AMP instances using ampinstmgr -p but upgrading each of the instances I had trouble with via the GUI fixed it.

Yes, unfortunately command line upgrades don’t refresh the template configs. This gives a poor user experience imo

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.