Update Failure with Minecraft - Minecraft server doesn't upgrade to 1.20.6

System Information

Field Value
Operating System Linux - Debian GNU/Linux 11 on x86_64
Product AMP ‘Callisto’ v2.5.0.8 (Mainline)
Virtualization QEMU_KVM
Application Minecraft
Module MinecraftModule
Running in Container No
Current State Stopped

Problem Description

Issue

Each time I clik update nothing happens … Help

Reproduction Steps

• Update via management tab
  • Manual upgrade
  • Restart the serv to upgrade

are you using java 21 as minecraft 1.20.5+ now requires it to be using java 21

java 21 isn’t available on my Game Panel, stuck with 17

go to ssh and then you need to go to the root user sudo su -l and then run this command bash <(wget -qO- getamp.sh) installJava and you will get java 21 installed onto your system. Once its installed, you will need to restart your Minecraft instance for AMP to see java 21 in Configuration > Java and Memory and then there you can select it

It worked but now I get the following error:

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke “arf.C_()” because “$$5” is null

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(SourceFile:555) ~[server-1.20.6.jar:?]

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.v(SourceFile:614) ~[server-1.20.6.jar:?]

at aqb.v(SourceFile:553) ~[server-1.20.6.jar:?]

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.y(SourceFile:729) ~[server-1.20.6.jar:?]

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(SourceFile:275) ~[server-1.20.6.jar:?]

at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1583) [?:?]

Could java cause the amp console to report “404 Not Found”?
I installed the latest Amp hotfix 3 days ago and I lost console access after updating my Minecraft instances. I first got a message saying Amp could not connect to the back-end database. I restarted the linux server but no success. Still getting 404 error. I will try this Java update. Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions.

Ok, I fixed the “404 Not Found” issue by using the SSH console to run Ubuntu updates and rebooting. I then ran the bash command to upgrade to Java 21. My MC instance is Spigot. I set the Java to v21 and then tried to upgrade to 1.20.6 and Amp kicked me out of the console. It gave me the AMP “install” message tell me to wait 3-5 minutes. After a few minutes I was able to get back into the console but the instance was not upgrade (still 1.20.4). The java is showing v21 still. I am going to leave this alone and wait for more posts from people.

what java are you using? is it openjdk or temurin?