Update Failure with Minecraft - Can't update to Minecraft Bedrock version 1.20.80

System Information

Field Value
Operating System Linux - Debian GNU/Linux 12 on x86_64
Product AMP ‘Callisto’ v2.5.0.0 (Mainline)
Virtualization Docker
Application Minecraft
Module MinecraftModule
Running in Container Yes
Current State Ready

Problem Description

Issue

Have tried to update my Bedrock server more than four times tonight. It will not update to version 1.20.80.

Reproduction Steps

• Restarted AMP server
  • Tried to update from the console screen.
  • Tried to update from the server instance screen multiple times.

Not an AMP issue, Microsoft is just hates automated downloads.
Firstly take a backup. Then:
From the Linux command line, run sudo su -l amp to switch to the amp user.
Run ampinstmgr switch TheInstnaceName01 development (a workaround was added in the dev stream)
From there you should be good to update the server.

I still feel like if the options is there that it should function correctly. AMP needs to resolve the issue.

No, it’s an issue with how Microsoft blocks automated downloads. AMP just tries to skirt around that.
(follow the steps in my previous message to solve your problem)

Are you also using Hostinger.com? I am having the exact same issue on there for Minecraft Bedrock! I am going to try ThePotatoKing’s command although i think they mispelled “instance” but I appreciate any help i can get! I have tried to download the entire linux minecraft bedrock server and manually deleted the files in the directory that matched the items in the updated minecraft bedrock server client folder.

Hey ThePotatoKing, can you go more in depth on how to do that? Take in mind i am using Hostinger.com to do this. I think the console is limited to me. I have tried typing it in several times with no luck.

Same instructions as above, using whatever VPS they gave you. (not in AMP’s console in the web, that doesn’t do anything)
We aren’t Hostinger support anyway, so if you run into issues accessing your VPS you’ll have to talk to them.

You don’t actually put TheInstnaceName01, you replace that with your instance’s actual name

So Hostinger.com told me it is basically my problem to fix. I have zero Linux and zero AMP experience. I just want to be able to play my game with my friends. Hopefully something gets resolved soon.