Unpredictable Permissions on Login?

OS Name/Version: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Product Name/Version: AMP Instance Manager v2.4.2 built 21/02/2023

Problem Description: When logging into management panel with initial profile, randomly missing permissions and settings. Inconsistent options for configuring instances. Settings not saving.

Was more stable using private browsing (not saving cookies) but settings are still very random on refresh of the page.

Steps to reproduce:

• Step 1 - Installed AMP per recommended settings successfully
  • Step 2 - Log into server with ‘admin’ initial profile. Notice have no access to configuration settings.
  • Step 3 - Refresh page, have configuration settings, lose Instances.
  • Step 4 - Refresh page, gain instances, lose access to user controls and error message that server lost license key.
  • Step 5 - Continue randomness

Actions taken to resolve so far: Reinstalled Server, Reinstalled AMP, Refreshed pages, cleared cookies, accessed page from Private Browsing. Attempted creating another user account, could not.

That doesn’t sound like a permissions issue - more like parts of AMP failing to load. Is there anything in the browsers F12 error log?

Sorry it took so long to message back. I had been goofing around with it, and come to find out that AMP did NOT like being accessed through a VPN on my client side. Caused all kinds of issues described above and more. Disabled the VPN, they all dissolved; have been running the server for over a week now with no issues.

I had always run with a VPN on, so it didnt even occur to me that it could be a problem.

Sorry, and Thanks Mike!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.