Unable to update AMP to version 2.4.0.8

OS Name/Version: Debian 10

Product Name/Version: AMP v2.4.0.6

Problem Description:

Hello everyone,

I’m having a problem with updating to the latest version of AMP (2.4.0.8) for a Minecraft server.
For your information, I rent a VPS from Hostinger.

I wanted to update directly on the Game Panel by clicking on the “Update Now” button in the small rectangle at the bottom left: everything seemed to work fine, I closed the browser window in which I had opened the Game Panel. I waited 10 minutes before trying to connect again but I never succeeded, I only got an error message saying “this site can’t be reached”.

I restarted the VPS via the tools available on the Hostinger website and I was able to connect to the Game Panel without any problem: the update was not done. So I tried again to do the update, in the same way as before: no more success for me, despite the fact that I waited more than 30 min after clicking on “Update now”.

So I connected to the VPS as root and I wanted to do the upgrade manually with the command ampinstmgr upgradeall
I got the error message :

So I tried the other command ampinstmgr --nocache upgradeall
The process seems to have gone well and without any problems.

I restarted the VPS and connected to the Game Panel again. However, I still have the little rectangle at the bottom left offering me to upgrade AMP to version 2.4.0.8:

AMP_update

I pressed “Update now” again, closed my browser window and waited 10 min.
After that I could connect to the Game Panel (unlike the previous times) but the small rectangle at the bottom right offering me to update AMP with version 2.4.0.8 is still there.
I checked the current version of AMP and I’m still on 2.4.0.6.

I don’t know if I did something wrong or if I’m missing a step to finalize the update, and that’s why I am writing this topic.

I thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Try running ampinstmgr --nocache upgradeall to force AMP to download a fresh copy.

I just ran this command but the AMP version is still 2.4.0.6 when I connect to the Game Panel:

AMP_2.4.0.6

However, when I ran the command I got an indication that the update worked for the AMP instance and Minecraft server instance:

I don’t know if this has any impact on my current problem, but I just remembered I had a issue at the end of September with an AMP update: after the update was completed, I got a message asking for the AMP license key.
As AMP was already installed on the VPS by Hostinger when I started renting it, I don’t have this license key.
So I asked Hostinger to fix the problem, which they seem to have done correctly as the problem has disappeared.

I don’t know if this is important, but I’d rather report it.

2406 is the latest LTS version. 2408 is the latest Mainline version.

So it’s normal that I can’t switch to 2408?
It’s not related to a issue I could have with my AMP instance or other thing?

Correct, because 2408 isn’t on of the LTS stream.

I guess I’ll just have to wait.
Thank you for your answers :slight_smile:

The next LTS release is due to be 2.4.1.0 which should come out in a few weeks.

Thanks for the clarification :slight_smile: