Unable to login after first time setup

Note - If you do not fill in every section below, your post won’t be answered - you must provide the steps you have followed so far and the actions you’ve already taken. Make sure to remove this notice from your post too.

OS Name/Version: Ubuntu Server 20.04.3

Product Name/Version: (Always use the full version number - not ‘Latest’) AMP 2.3.2.10

Problem Description: After first time setup of AMP instance, I try to log in to the web portal to finish setup, but it says the login Im using is invalid despite having just been created with no issues

If you're sharing console output, logs, or commands you have run, please make sure to use code tags 
(3x backticks for blocks, 1x backtick for a single line) to help make posts readable. This also
provides syntax highlighting.

Steps to reproduce:

• Step 1 : install AMP on ubuntu server
  • Step 2 : when setup completes first part, it asks me to log in to AMP web portal
  • Step 3 : after inputting user credentials it says invalid login, despite making sure I have the right login

Actions taken to resolve so far: reset login using command line options, tried fresh install of AMP, set user account to basic user name and password, unable to log in

I got the exact same problem. Ubuntu 20.04.
Can’t log into AMP for first time setup. Attempted same as OP.

Update: Reconfigured my VPS to use Debian 11 instead. Did not solve it.

Obviously, for me, the issue was not reading the console properly. The initial admin password can’t have special characters ( in my case ! )

Looks like that was my issue too, I changed the password to take out a special character and it works now!

So, no special chars allowed in passwords?

What decade is this?

Only through console no special characters as the console interprets them. You can change it afterwards in the web panel

1 Like