Trying to set up amp controller with 2 seperate servers all running windows

OS Name/Version: Controller win11, slave instances on 2022 server and win2016 server

Product Name/Version: version 2.4.0.6

Problem Description:
The documentation for windows is pretty bad if at all. I cannot even figure out how to get the instaances talking to the controller. Ive tryed using the controllers ip address, localhost, 127.0.0.1, 0.0.0.0 all with port 8080 and always get back bad url. before i seek returning the product and finding something else to use can anyone give me an easy step by step process of setting this up.

What are you trying to do and what have you actually tried? Setting up controller/target mode (Please be careful to use the correct terminology here) is just a matter of following through the wizard and giving it the information it asks for. How far along that process have you got?

i have installed the controller on my desktop, installed the target on one of my servers. After ALOT of trial and error i finally got them talking and seeing each other but it VERY hit or miss on working and i have yet to be able to install any game i have tryed. It makes the container folder and says it is running but when i try to connect to it it times out saying service isnt running.

I have tryed changing the network settings on both the controller and target machines to point to there respective Ip’s. I love the “idea” of this application but am about to give up on it

one of the biggest issues i see in the logs is this: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:8082…yet nowhere in my settings is it set to use that ip. The controller network settings are set to 192.168.1.55 and the Target network settings are set to 192.168.1.30 and the target default auth server setting is pointing to 192.168.1.55…where the hell is it pulling 127.0.0.1 from.

You shouldn’t be changing the network settings at all. AMPs defaults are correct.

On both your controller and your taraget, make sure the Default AMP IP binding is 127.0.0.1, the default application binding is 0.0.0.0, and the Docker External IP should also be 0.0.0.0.

Also make sure the controller and target have static IP addresses and can see each other (As in you can browse to one from the other)

do i still keep the Default auth server set to 192.168.1.55:8080 on the target

If that’s the URL for the controller, yes. Make sure that the target can actually reach that URL too.

ok i did all that and restarted both the target machine and the controller machine. I can go into chrome web browser and enter eithers ip and see both control panels no problem. but when i try to manage the target machine from the controller i get this error in the console of the target

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:8082

at Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalEndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)

Where is that log from? And can you be much more specific about what you’re clicking and trying to do? Maybe with screenshots? “i try to manage the target machine” could mean many number of things. It’s also unclear where the log excerpts you’re posting are from.