Trying to import existing ATM8 server

OS Name/Version:
Windows 10

Product Name/Version: (Always use the full version number - not ‘Latest’)
v2.4.4

Problem Description:
I’m trying to follow your “How to import an existing Minecraft Server into AMP” guide, but I’m stuck. The server is using the All The Mods 8 pack, and so far I’ve;

-Made a top level zip of the server (which only has the install.jar, more on that later)
-Made a new minecraft instance in AMP
-Uploaded and extracted the top level zip via the file manager in the instance I created
-right clicked on server.properties and selected “import configuration”
I only have forge-1.19.2-43.2.11-installer.jar in the top level, so one issue is I’m not sure which jar to use… I have a couple ideas of what I might be looking for, such as “Minecraft/libraries/net/minecraftforge/forge/1.19.1-43.2.11/forge-1.19.2-43.2.11-server.jar”
or possibly
“Minecraft/libraries/net/minecraftforge/forge/1.19.1-43.2.11/forge-1.19.2-43.2.11-universal.jar”
but as a noob I’m also wondering if it’s
“/Minecraft/libraries/net/minecraft/server/1.19.2/server-1.19.2.jar”?

either way, right clicking on any of these as suggested in the guide doesn’t give me a “set as startup jar” option. I thought maybe that’s because it’s not in the top level folder but right clicking forge-1.19.2-43.2.11-installer.jar in there doesn’t present that option either.

Could someone give me a hand with how to proceed? I’ve run dedicated servers on a pc in my home for years, but I’ve never tried to use a product such as AMP, so ELI5 in that regard!

Steps to reproduce:

Actions taken to resolve so far:

Set the server type in AMP to Forge, set the forge Version to match what you’re using, and the startup jar to Automatic.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.