Transfer Valheim World to AMP

OS Name/Version: Debian 11

Product Name/Version: 2.4.0.6

Problem Description:

I am trying to transfer my Valheim world save from a 4netplayers server to my own dedicated server setup on linode using the amp script. I can get everything working and the instance setup and connect to a world however when I transfer the .fwl and .db (whilst the instance is offline) and then restart the instance and reconnect, it just loads a brand new world and will not load mine. The file names are Dedicated.fwl and Dedicated.db and I’ve changed the settings in the server config to load a “Dedicated.db” file and this hasn’t worked. I’ve also changed the server name to the same name as original “THE KINGDOM” and nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

Have you changed the world name setting in AMP to match? And did you use AMPs SFTP to load in the new world?

Hello, Mike.

I had been uploading the files into the worlds_local location using my root sftp. I have since uploaded them via the AMP SFTP details checked to ensure perms are set to 644 and when I restart the instance it just sets up a new world. Changes Dedicated.fwl to Dedicated.fwl.old and the same for the .db file.

I’m assuming the world name from 4netplayers.com is “Dedicated” and that is what I have set in the AMP server settings to no avail

Not really sure how else to proceed now.

I’m having the same issue. I upload the maps from my previous server then start the
server. It then makes a new world with my supplied info and renaming the maps I had uploaded. I’ve tried uploading via SFTP and via the file manage in the web interface, no luck with either.

I succesfully restored a world. I had to do it via ssh to the server.
When I tried to upload the .db via the sftp via amp web it just made a 0 kb file.
I uploaded the files via winscp and moved them to /home/amp/.ampdata/instances/your instance name/Valheim/896660/Data/worlds_local
I then gave them the correct owner and perms with chmod 0644 and chown amp:amp
I made sure the world name in amp was the same as the filename.

I had to start the server and stop for the files path to exist.

Hello there,

i did what you did and sadly it did not work, the console just spits out a lot of errors. im using a ovh dedicatedbox with ubuntu 22,04 so hardware at least should not be an issue

Did anyone ever have any luck with this?

I’ve noticed that the folder structure is a little bit different than above.
/home/amp/.ampdata/instances/Valheim01/Valheim/896660/Saves/worlds_local is where it overwrites the transferred world and replaces with a new one. Any time I put my world in there, it just overwrites it with a file with the same name.

Please help!