The Forest Server starting up, but can't access

@yannik995 there may be a couple things going on. You can’t connect to The Forest using the Steam browser from what I’ve seen. In-game it just messes up. Do you see your server listed in game under the Internet (Dedicated) section?

The other thing is, are you running it in a Docker container within AMP? It may be a dependency and that will resolve that possibility.

1 Like

I couldn’t find it in the Internet (Dedicated) section either, even after it was running for a while.

Yes, I use Docker within a KVM VM on a Proxmox host. Just restarted the Instance.

root@exv-gx01:~# docker ps
CONTAINER ID   IMAGE                     COMMAND          CREATED          STATUS          PORTS     NAMES
f9a26ea8307a   cubecoders/ampbase:wine   "/ampstart.sh"   36 seconds ago   Up 35 seconds             AMP_TheForest01
8138fc6ddbc6   cubecoders/ampbase:java   "/ampstart.sh"   2 days ago       Up 2 days                 AMP_Craftcubede01

Did you fill this in and use the correct app ID that’s provided in the description?

That was hosted on Debian, works both in and out of Docker.

Yes, I do:

Okay, I will try Debian tomorrow.

Given you have tried Docker already, by definition you have already tried it with Debian, since AMP’s docker images are Debian 11 based

Debian shouldn’t make a difference. I currently am using The Forest on Ubuntu using Docker.

Share the log using hastebin and it will help diagnose. Right click the instance and View Logs.

Here are my Logs: