Teamspeak instance crashes randomly

Note - If you do not fill in every section below, your post won’t be answered - you must provide the steps you have followed so far and the actions you’ve already taken. Make sure to remove this notice from your post too.

OS Name/Version: Ubuntu 22.04.1

Product Name/Version: AMP Release “Halimede” v2.4.0.10

Problem Description:

I started using Amp to run my teamspeak server(instance running in docker) but it seems it’s not running stable. Every so often(can be every few days, or like today even twice a day) the instance itself seems to crash leaving no trace of anything going wrong in the Logfiles(unless I’m looking into the wrong logs) and the only sign left of something going wrong is what seems to be a mono memory dump(called something like mono_crash.mem.33.7f2d202ea700.blob) and a stopped instance.

The only thing seeming out of order in the TS3 logs themselves is this line:

2022-12-19 20:15:14.351173|WARNING |ServerLibPriv |   |The system locale is set to "C" this can cause unexpected behavior. We advice you to repair your locale!

which seems to be caused by a improper locale config within the docker container, though I’m not sure if this has anything to do with the problem.

This are the outputs of within the docker container which shows that locale is set to en_US, which isn’t even present though. I can get rid of that error by manually configuring locales in the container, but that of course isn’t going to survive a restart. This just seems to be an issue with the ampbase docker image and happens in the other non TS3 instances as well without causing problems.

root@ubuntu-dedicated-server:/# locale -a
locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_COLLATE to default locale: No such file or directory
C
C.UTF-8
POSIX
root@ubuntu-dedicated-server:/# locale
locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=
root@ubuntu-dedicated-server:/#

Steps to reproduce:

Create a teamspeak instance with docker and wait maybe?

Actions taken to resolve so far:
Recreated the instance which didn’t change anything.

1 Like

I have the exact same problem, have you made any progress on solving this?

No, sorry. I stopped using it through AMP and just started to host as a normal docker container outside of AMP.

Will probably just do the same. How do you manage the server?

I’ve submitted a bug report: Set locale properly in docker images · Issue #848 · CubeCoders/AMP · GitHub

It’s a fairly small server so not much to manage, but if I do use an external tool I tend to use yatqa.

Have either of you tried running the server in AMP but not in docker?

Yes same problem with crashes and errors, one of the errors I was getting was resolved thou.