Stuck updating to 2.3.3.0

Note - If you do not fill in every section below, your post won’t be answered - you must provide the steps you have followed so far and the actions you’ve already taken. Make sure to remove this notice from your post too.

OS Name/Version: Windows 10 and Windows Server 2022

Product Name/Version: AMP 2.3.3.0

Problem Description: When updated to 2.3.3.0, it gets stucked in updating and then it never comes back. I closed one and now I can’t get it up again. Happened in both Win 10 and also Windows Server 2022

If you're sharing console output, logs, or commands you have run, please make sure to use code tags 
(3x backticks for blocks, 1x backtick for a single line) to help make posts readable. This also
provides syntax highlighting.

Steps to reproduce:

• Step 1 I clicked update
  • Step 2 Got stuck updating for an hour
  • Step 3 Can’t get it back after i manually closed the service and started it again.

Actions taken to resolve so far:

If you have any game instances running on Windows and restart ADS it hangs. You’ll need to go to Task Manager and kill any running instances. Then from Terminal run ampinstmgr upgradeall.

2 Likes

Thank you so much.
That worked after I stopped the instances manually with task manager. Is this common on Windows Server?

Unfortunately, yes. That’s not the case on Linux. ADS can be stopped and started freely. It’s a limitation on Windows how it handles processes.

Thank you. I always use Linux but I wanted to set up a V Rising server, spend two days setting up a server with Windows Server 2022 and V Rising to now read that you have deployed V Rising for Linux haha, I’m going back to Linux ASAP.
Thanks!

That sounds like a great plan! Lol also I recommend you use the AMP Docker functionality. It saves you tons of headaches with finding dependencies.

I will use that then to install it.
It can be used on any linux distribution like Ubuntu or Debian11?

Yupp! It doesn’t work on ARM but should work on any Linux distro AMP supports. It’s part of the setup script. It will prompt if you want it.

1 Like

LEGEND!! So turns out you should always shut down all your instances before upgrading the core module, and don’t do it via the web UI, the command line seems to be more reliable