Startup Issue with Valheim - Valheim server takes abour 30 minutes to start up

System Information

Field Value
Operating System Linux - Ubuntu 22.04.3 on x86_64
Product AMP ‘Decadeus’ v2.4.6.6 (Mainline)
Virtualization None
Application Valheim
Module GenericModule
Running in Container No
Current State Ready

Problem Description

Issue

It just takes forever, no idea what to say. I used to have windows on this machine and the server startup took like 5 minutes. This seems too long.

Reproduction Steps

• install bepinex via AMP GUI
  • Copy mods via SFTP
  • Copy world and characters on the server via SFTP
  • Launch server

If a unmodded server starts in normal time but a modded one doesn’t, then this points a finger at the mods - in which case I’d be asking the developer(s) of the mod(s) in question. Not an AMP issue or something AMP has any control over.

I have had modded servers for over a year, self hosted. This is the first time I’ve ever run it on Linux and AMP and never before it took so long. I really have only four heavy mods, the others are msot lightweight of mods. Before this I had modpacks with 2x the amount of mods all of them added housands of assets combined. Never took so long to load a server.

Regardless, not an AMP issue. AMP just starts the server executable. Anything that happens after that isn’t under AMPs control, and it’ll behave the same way outside of AMP.

By definition, if the slowdown doesn’t happen without the mods - then it’s the mods fault. Try removing some and adding them a few at a time until the problem re-appears.

Of course it might be an issue on my side, somewhere I’m not sure if I can read it from some log or somewhere? Because when I first add the mods it launches pretty quickly and slows with consecutive restarts. I’ve had a Windows version of AMP on this machine (Dual boot) and with same mods the server launched in 5 minutes.

Well like I said, remove the mods then add them slowly until the issue appears - then you can determine which mod or mods are causing the problem.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.