Startup Issue with Valheim - Unable to start server

System Information

Field Value
Operating System Linux - Debian GNU/Linux 12 on x86_64
Product AMP ‘Decadeus’ v2.4.7.0 (Mainline)
Virtualization Docker
Application Valheim
Module GenericModule
Running in Container Yes
Current State Stopped

Problem Description

Issue

This task could not be completed: Starting Valheim… - - State: 3.

Application stopped unexpectedly with exit code 0.

Reproduction Steps

• Create Valheim instance
  • Update Valheim instance
  • Attempt to run Valheim instance

Console output:

12:20:46

"memorysetup-gfx-main-allocator-block-size=16777216"

"memorysetup-gfx-thread-allocator-block-size=16777216"

"memorysetup-cache-allocator-block-size=4194304"

"memorysetup-typetree-allocator-block-size=2097152"

"memorysetup-profiler-bucket-allocator-granularity=16"

"memorysetup-profiler-bucket-allocator-bucket-count=8"

"memorysetup-profiler-bucket-allocator-block-size=4194304"

"memorysetup-profiler-bucket-allocator-block-count=1"

"memorysetup-profiler-allocator-block-size=16777216"

"memorysetup-profiler-editor-allocator-block-size=1048576"

"memorysetup-temp-allocator-size-main=4194304"

"memorysetup-job-temp-allocator-block-size=2097152"

"memorysetup-job-temp-allocator-block-size-background=1048576"

"memorysetup-job-temp-allocator-reduction-small-platforms=262144"

"memorysetup-allocator-temp-initial-block-size-main=262144"

"memorysetup-allocator-temp-initial-block-size-worker=262144"

"memorysetup-temp-allocator-size-background-worker=32768"

"memorysetup-temp-allocator-size-job-worker=262144"

"memorysetup-temp-allocator-size-preload-manager=262144"

"memorysetup-temp-allocator-size-nav-mesh-worker=65536"

"memorysetup-temp-allocator-size-audio-worker=65536"

"memorysetup-temp-allocator-size-cloud-worker=32768"

"memorysetup-temp-allocator-size-gfx=262144"

Mono path[0] = '/AMP/Valheim/896660/valheim_server_Data/Managed'

Mono config path = '/AMP/Valheim/896660/valheim_server_Data/MonoBleedingEdge/etc'

Preloaded 'libDiskSpacePlugin.so'

Preloaded 'libparty.so'

Preloaded 'libsteam_api.so'

[Physics::Module] Initialized MultithreadedJobDispatcher with 15 workers.

Initialize engine version: 2022.3.12f1 (4fe6e059c7ef)

[Subsystems] Discovering subsystems at path /AMP/Valheim/896660/valheim_server_Data/UnitySubsystems

Forcing GfxDevice: Null

GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=0; jobified=0

NullGfxDevice:

Version: NULL 1.0 [1.0]

Renderer: Null Device

Vendor: Unity Technologies

Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly

- Loaded All Assemblies, in 0.057 seconds

- Finished resetting the current domain, in 0.001 seconds

There is no texture data available to upload.

UnloadTime: 0.646141 ms

Fetching PlatformPrefs 'GuiScale' before loading defaults

Fetching PlatformPrefs 'GuiScale' before loading defaults

Privilege Multiplayer is not known on this platform. Privilege therefore is granted without check...

Privilege UserGeneratedContent is not known on this platform. Privilege therefore is granted without check...

Privilege CrossPlay is not known on this platform. Privilege therefore is granted without check...

Starting to load scene:start

Couldn't create a Convex Mesh from source mesh "default" within the maximum polygons limit (256). The partial hull will be used. Consider simplifying your mesh.

Couldn't create a Convex Mesh from source mesh "default" within the maximum polygons limit (256). The partial hull will be used. Consider simplifying your mesh.

12:20:48

Unloading 6 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)

Shader 'Lux Lit Particles/ Tess Bumped': fallback shader 'Lux Lit Particles/ Bumped Smoke' not found

No mesh data available for mesh default on particle system Legs. Make sure Read/Write Enabled is set in the importer to work on the particle system renderer

No mesh data available for mesh default on particle system BodyGibs (2). Make sure Read/Write Enabled is set in the importer to work on the particle system renderer

No mesh data available for mesh default on particle system vfx_Firework_Rocket_Blue. Make sure Read/Write Enabled is set in the importer to work on the particle system renderer

No mesh data available for mesh default on particle system vfx_Firework_Rocket_Yellow. Make sure Read/Write Enabled is set in the importer to work on the particle system renderer

No mesh data available for mesh default on particle system Wings. Make sure Read/Write Enabled is set in the importer to work on the particle system renderer

No mesh data available for mesh default on particle system shockwave_plane. Make sure Read/Write Enabled is set in the importer to work on the particle system renderer

No mesh data available for mesh default on particle system Carapace. Make sure Read/Write Enabled is set in the importer to work on the particle system renderer

No mesh data available for mesh default on particle system Carapace_ass. Make sure Read/Write Enabled is set in the importer to work on the particle system renderer

No mesh data available for mesh default on particle system eyes. Make sure Read/Write Enabled is set in the importer to work on the particle system renderer

No mesh data available for mesh default on particle system vfx_RockHit (2). Make sure Read/Write Enabled is set in the importer to work on the particle system renderer

No mesh data available for mesh default on particle system Legs. Make sure Read/Write Enabled is set in the importer to work on the particle system renderer

No mesh data available for mesh default on particle system Carapace. Make sure Read/Write Enabled is set in the importer to work on the particle system renderer

No mesh data available for mesh default on particle system vfx_RockHit (2). Make sure Read/Write Enabled is set in the importer to work on the particle system renderer

No mesh data available for mesh default on particle system BodyGibs. Make sure Read/Write Enabled is set in the importer to work on the particle system renderer

No mesh data available for mesh default on particle system vfx_Firework_Rocket. Make sure Read/Write Enabled is set in the importer to work on the particle system renderer

No mesh data available for mesh default on particle system vfx_Firework_Rocket_Purple. Make sure Read/Write Enabled is set in the importer to work on the particle system renderer

No mesh data available for mesh default on particle system Head. Make sure Read/Write Enabled is set in the importer to work on the particle system renderer

No mesh data available for mesh default on particle system Carapace_ass. Make sure Read/Write Enabled is set in the importer to work on the particle system renderer

No mesh data available for mesh default on particle system vfx_Firework_Rocket_Cyan. Make sure Read/Write Enabled is set in the importer to work on the particle system renderer

No mesh data available for mesh default on particle system Wings. Make sure Read/Write Enabled is set in the importer to work on the particle system renderer

No mesh data available for mesh default on particle system vfx_Firework_Rocket_Red. Make sure Read/Write Enabled is set in the importer to work on the particle system renderer

No mesh data available for mesh default on particle system Eggs. Make sure Read/Write Enabled is set in the importer to work on the particle system renderer

No mesh data available for mesh default on particle system BodyGibs (1). Make sure Read/Write Enabled is set in the importer to work on the particle system renderer

No mesh data available for mesh default on particle system vfx_Firework_Rocket_Green. Make sure Read/Write Enabled is set in the importer to work on the particle system renderer

12:20:51

128B: 2 Subsections = 256 buckets. Failed count: 54860

[ALLOC_CACHEOBJECTS_MAIN]

Peak usage frame count: [0.5 MB-1.0 MB]: 219132 frames, [1.0 MB-2.0 MB]: 1 frames, [2.0 MB-4.0 MB]: 2 frames, [4.0 MB-8.0 MB]: 118507 frames

Requested Block Size 4.0 MB

Peak Block count 2

Peak Allocated memory 5.5 MB

Peak Large allocation bytes 0 B

[ALLOC_CACHEOBJECTS_THREAD]

Peak usage frame count: [64.0 MB-128.0 MB]: 11883 frames, [128.0 MB-256.0 MB]: 322865 frames, [256.0 MB-0.50 GB]: 2894 frames

Requested Block Size 4.0 MB

Peak Block count 43

Peak Allocated memory 263.8 MB

Peak Large allocation bytes 107.2 MB

[ALLOC_TYPETREE] Dual Thread Allocator

Peak main deferred allocation count 0

[ALLOC_BUCKET]

Large Block size 4.0 MB

Used Block count 1

Peak Allocated bytes 4.0 MB

Failed Allocations. Bucket layout:

16B: 2 Subsections = 2048 buckets. Failed count: 104171

32B: 10 Subsections = 5120 buckets. Failed count: 51431

48B: 24 Subsections = 8192 buckets. Failed count: 44689

64B: 192 Subsections = 49152 buckets. Failed count: 563009

80B: 21 Subsections = 4300 buckets. Failed count: 6565

96B: 3 Subsections = 512 buckets. Failed count: 338449

112B: 2 Subsections = 292 buckets. Failed count: 2922

128B: 2 Subsections = 256 buckets. Failed count: 54860

[ALLOC_TYPETREE_MAIN]

Peak usage frame count: [0-1.0 KB]: 337641 frames, [16.0 KB-32.0 KB]: 1 frames

Requested Block Size 2.0 MB

Peak Block count 1

Peak Allocated memory 26.3 KB

[ALLOC_TYPETREE_THREAD]

Peak usage frame count: [16.0 KB-32.0 KB]: 208315 frames, [32.0 KB-64.0 KB]: 5619 frames, [64.0 KB-128.0 KB]: 123708 frames

Requested Block Size 2.0 MB

Peak Block count 1

Peak Allocated memory 120.5 KB

Edit: I have since started a second Valheim server, which started successfully, however I cannot connect to it.

I am currently having the exact same issue. Any solutions?

The issue is not fully resolved as I still can’t connect to the server, however I found that editing the server’s ports to something else (for example, 2490 and 2491) the server starts without issues.

I have also found that enabling crossplay means the server actually shows up in Valheim’s server list.

Like I said, still can’t connect though. Still troubleshooting.

Are you connecting in-game? If so try using the query port rather than the game port.

Hi Mike, I’ve tried via both ports with no success.

Is this home hosted or on a remote server?

It’s a remote server, dedicated.

Same issue with my server. My server renamed itself to Dedicated.

I found out that rebooting the my machine helpt restarting the server. But after that it’s just a new seed.

Does a fresh instance (with no configuration changes) start up?

If I start a completely new instance without making any changes whatsoever, the server does not show up as connectable in my game and it fails to connect if I enter the IP. All lights show green on the server side.

Which port are you using in game? Try both the game port and the query port.

I have tried both game port and query port (2456 + 2457)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.