Startup Issue with Source Dedicated Server - Unable to Start Garry's Mod: Unable to Run

System Information

Field Value
Operating System Linux - Ubuntu 20.04.6 on x86_64
Product AMP ‘Decadeus’ v2.4.6.4 (Mainline)
Virtualization None
Application Source Dedicated Server
Module srcdsModule
Running in Container No
Current State Failed

Problem Description

Issue

Whenever I hit start I get “Application State: Unable to run”. When I hit update, it does properly log to console that it is doing so, but oddly, when hitting Run, nothing logs to console at all.

Reproduction Steps

• Create a new Garry’s Mod instance
  • Select “Start” from actions
  • Attempt to monitor via console

Thanks Mike,

Maybe I am looking in the incorrect location, but I don’t seem to have a bin/libgcc_s.so.1 file to rename.

When installing AMP, did you select the option to install the 32 bit libraries?

This is the detailed error message I’ve seen. This only started happening a month or two ago. The server was fine before that.

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/amp/.ampdata/instances/CSGO-GunGame01/srcds/740/bin:/home/amp/.ampdata/instances/CSGO-GunGame01/srcds/740:/home/amp/.ampdata/instances/CSGO-GunGame01/srcds/740/bin::./
Failed to open libtier0.so (/home/amp/.ampdata/instances/CSGO-GunGame01/srcds/740/bin/libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_7.0.0' not found (required by /lib32/libstdc++.so.6))
[13:57:04] [Logger Warning]       : Server failed to start 1/5 times...

Look at the error message, it has the path to the file you need to rename :slight_smile:

Thanks for the quick response! Yeah I renamed the file as you suggested and it worked, however SRCDS quickly flagged up there was an update, in which it just re-downloaded the file again. I think that LD_LIBRARY_PATH needs tweaking IMHO to use the system files instead of the shipped ones. What do you think?

The LD_LIBRARY_PATH is still correct because there are other libraries in the same directory that need to be loaded, it’s just a bad design on VALVe’s part. It’s hard to detect ahead of time if the file should be removed/renamed based on the OS, since some distros/versions still need it.

Hmm in that case we may have an issue if SteamCMD keeps downloading it… It’s going to result in this same issue like the OP and myself is experiencing.

On my end I reinstalled the whole system from scratch making sure to install the 32-bit libraries and everything seems okay now. So my end of this can be considered resolved :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.