Startup Issue with Palworld - Palworld stuck in "Application state: Starting"

System Information

Field Value
Operating System Linux - Debian GNU/Linux 12 on x86_64
Product AMP ‘Callisto’ v2.5.0.0 (Mainline)
Virtualization Docker
Application Palworld
Module GenericModule
Running in Container Yes
Current State Starting

Problem Description

Issue

My palworld server is stuck in the starting state. It does seem to actually launch it because i can connect and play. But AMp thinks its starting. When I first created the server it used to start/stop correctly. But I’m not sure why it no longer lets me start it properly

Edit:
Likely a duplicate of Palworld - RCON port error, stuck in a starting loop

However I am on the latest version as of writing. I believe it is likely related to rcon/adminpassword. In game when I try to become admin with /adminpassword I get the message “The server does not have an AdminPassword set, so you cannot become an Admin”

I verified in the PalWorldSettings.ini that the AdminPassword field is set but it is not accepting or enabling it for some reason

Edit 2: (it wont let me reply to myself so sorry for all the edits)
I figured it out. It was because I moved a single player coop world over to a server. The Coop world had a WorldOption.sav so the server ignored PalWorldSettings.ini

This prevented the server settings and password from being applied since it palworld prioritizes WorldOption.sav over PalWorldSettings.ini resulting in startup issues.
To solve this I simply needed to delete WorldOption.sav from my world

Reproduction Steps

• create palworld server
  • stop palworld server
  • start palworld server

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.