Startup Issue with Minecraft - Startup Loop

System Information

Field Value
Operating System Linux - Debian GNU/Linux 12 on x86_64
Product AMP ‘Callisto’ v2.5.0.0 (Mainline)
Virtualization Docker
Application Minecraft
Module MinecraftModule
Running in Container Yes
Current State Failed

Problem Description

Issue

Manually installing minecraft modpack and first attempt it would not start and is now in a boot loop. I installed the correct forge version first through settings, then installed all server files via FTP.

Reproduction Steps

• Install forge that is same version as modpack through settings
  • Download server files from curseforge and extracting the zip file with mod folder, plugin folder, and other needed mods.
  • Start server and get stuck in boot loop when attempting first launch. Eventually states that server launch failed

You’d need to read the log to see what the error is, but my guess is that you might be using the wrong Java version.
More info on that here:

Hi, I appreciate the help! The errors I am encountering are the following
"[Rhino] Failed to get declared methods for com.gregtechceu.gtceu.common.data.GTItems: java.lang.RuntimeException: Attempted to load class net/minecraft/client/multiplayer/ClientLevel for invalid dist DEDICATED_SERVER

[Rhino] Failed to get declared methods for com.lowdragmc.lowdraglib.gui.widget.SceneWidget: java.lang.RuntimeException: Attempted to load class com/lowdragmc/lowdraglib/client/scene/WorldSceneRenderer for invalid dist DEDICATED_SERVER

[Rhino] Failed to get declared methods for dev.latvian.mods.kubejs.bindings.KMath: java.lang.RuntimeException: Attempted to load class com/mojang/blaze3d/vertex/PoseStack for invalid dist DEDICATED_SERVER

Error loading class: me/jellysquid/mods/sodium/client/model/light/data/ArrayLightDataCache (java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: me.jellysquid.mods.sodium.client.model.light.data.ArrayLightDataCache)

Error loading class: me/jellysquid/mods/sodium/client/model/light/flat/FlatLightPipeline (java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: me.jellysquid.mods.sodium.client.model.light.flat.FlatLightPipeline)

Error loading class: me/jellysquid/mods/sodium/client/model/light/data/LightDataAccess (java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: me.jellysquid.mods.sodium.client.model.light.data.LightDataAccess)"

and other similar lines.

Sodium is a client-only mod, be sure that you’re uploading the server modpack (different from the mods on your client) if you’re using a public modpack.
If you’ve created your own modpack be sure to remove any client-only mods, or any mods that rely on the client-only mods.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.