Startup Issue with Minecraft - Java not Installed after reinstall of AMP

System Information

Field Value
Operating System Linux - Debian GNU/Linux 12 on x86_64
Product AMP ‘Decadeus’ v2.4.6.10 (Mainline)
Virtualization None
Application Minecraft
Module MinecraftModule
Running in Container No
Current State Failed

Problem Description

Issue

Hi, recently had to rebuild my docker image. My existing Modded MC Instances no longer have Java installed or has incorrect pathing. New instances are fine. Haven’t found any results googling or searching the forums. But it seems like it should be an easy fix. Any help would be much appreciated.

Errors:

• Process configuration failed. AMP couldn’t find Java, check that it’s installed

• AMP couldn’t find Java, check that it’s installed

• ‘java’ is not installed, or not available in PATH. Please make sure Java is installed on your system. If you have just installed Java then you will need to restart AMP.

Reproduction Steps

• Installed JAVA to the docker container via bash
  • Restored Backups
  • Tried switching to vanilla java configs via server config, same errors

What’s the result of whereis java on the shell?

java: /usr/bin/java /usr/share/java /usr/share/man/man1/java.1

The information in the original post shows that AMP isn’t running in a container? Not sure where docker is coming into this.

My apologies, AMP it self is running in docker on UnRaid.

Update:
Fixed this issue by downgrading the docker version to v21.

When rebuilding my docker image it pulled the latest version. With the latest v22 of the docker image it seems all the java versions have been swapped out for some reason. Unsure of the top of my head but in the Java and Memory tab under Java Versions instead of showing Java 8 etcetera, it showed options entirely different.

Also after searching i’ve seen that docker isn’t supported by AMP. So for anyone else who ends up with this issue, v21 of mitchtalmadge’s image works and is very stable for MC.

So AMP does have java dockers that is made for Minecraft and the reason it has java 21 is cause its LTS version. if you have your instance running in docker, all you would need to do is just go to Configuration > Java and Memory and then just change it to the correct version of java. Now if you are not running your instance in docker, then you would need to install java to your system.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.