Startup Issue with Minecraft - FTB Minecraft not starting correctly

System Information

Field Value
Operating System Linux - Debian GNU/Linux 12 on x86_64
Product AMP ‘Callisto’ v2.5.0.4 (Mainline)
Virtualization QEMU_KVM
Application Minecraft
Module MinecraftModule
Running in Container No
Current State Ready

Problem Description

Issue

I copied world from a prexisting AMP isntance, where i was have the same issue. It appears as is minecraft is starting, but not via the FTB startup script, and the FTB launcher reports that it’s a vanilla server. I have previously been able to manually runt he start.sh command in the directory and everything work flawlessly. i created a new instance of amp, on deabian vs ubuntu, in the hopes of it being a fluke issue. Please let me know if you have any ideas, or any questions, thanks! (not a high priority, but an issue i’d like to find a resolution to)

Reproduction Steps

• new instance
  • cloned world
  • started server

You need to set the server type and mod loader version to what the modpack needs.
The FTB download doesn’t provide that info so you need to input it into AMP yourself.

I appreciate the reply, I found I was able to start the server without my preexisting world data. With my existing world data the startup procedure hangs, I suspect it to be some incompatibility. Interestingly enough, starting the server via the start command seems to start up properly.

Any suggestions?

Additionally, why does choosing FTB not just detect the forge version, or rather, why not default to the start command?

There’s too many edge cases depending on the version and mod loader, so AMP would probably guess wrong half the time.
And to note, if you use the bash script or move files as a different linux user you can bugger file permissions. If you did so, you can run ampinstmgr fixperms as root to sort that out.

Best bet to get it running is to double check that you’ve got the right mod loader version selected in AMP and hit Download/Update