Startup Issue with Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Server dont wanne start up

System Information

Field Value
Operating System Windows - Windows Server 2019 on x86_64
Product AMP ‘Decadeus’ v2.4.6.8 (Mainline)
Virtualization HyperV
Application Euro Truck Simulator 2
Module GenericModule
Running in Container No
Current State Stopped

Problem Description

Issue

A set up everytime hi stop, all is connected but the ports hi dont wanne setting up

Reproduction Steps

• add ports
  • add server_packages
  • Use clean mod server packedge

Can you tell us a little more about what’s happening? Your description isn’t very clear. Does it happen with an unmodified server?

I set up the server like in the tutorial i set up all server packadge in the file manager and open my ports UDP but his still red i got everything in the file manager

i dont know what i did fault i contact my hosting also for check the ports

so its a GUI bug, try and search for it in the game and see if it pops up. if it does, don’t worry about it. ATS also has the same problem.
Now you can try this
sudo ampinstmgr updatefirewall for linux servers with a sudo user and not amp user
ampinstmgr updatefirewall for windows in cmd
and see if amp adds anything to your firewall.
if nothing is added then its a GUI glitch

I have done it but there is no update for firewall rules so i think is a other fault/ bug

are you able to see your server inside the game?

No because the service is not started

on your ETS instances in the main part of the panel, can you right click on it and then click on view logs and show the latest log that is there so we can see what is going on.

so for ATS/ETS, you need to run it a docker container on both linux and windows as the server doesn’t like how its running on windows under Network Services. If you do not have docker setup for your amp install, please follow this guide. this is a requirement for it to work. Follow the second part for windows.

I give my console also here if i start :

SteamCMD

08:52:02

CPID: 1460

Redirecting stderr to ‘C:\AMPDatastore\Instances\EuroTruckSimulator201\euro-truck-simulator-2\logs\stderr.txt’

Logging directory: ‘C:\AMPDatastore\Instances\EuroTruckSimulator201\euro-truck-simulator-2/logs’

[ 0%] Checking for available updates…

08:52:03

[----] Verifying installation…

08:52:04

Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1701290101

– type ‘quit’ to exit –

08:52:05

Loading Steam API…OK

force_install_dir “1948160”

08:52:06

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public…OK

08:52:07

Waiting for client config…OK

Waiting for user info…OK

app_update 1948160 validate

08:52:08

Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 0.00 (0 / 166334073)

08:52:12

Success! App ‘1948160’ fully installed.

quit

08:52:13

CPID: 2964

Redirecting stderr to ‘C:\AMPDatastore\Instances\EuroTruckSimulator201\euro-truck-simulator-2\logs\stderr.txt’

Logging directory: ‘C:\AMPDatastore\Instances\EuroTruckSimulator201\euro-truck-simulator-2/logs’

[ 0%] Checking for available updates…

08:52:14

Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1701290101

– type ‘quit’ to exit –

Loading Steam API…OK

force_install_dir “1948160”

08:52:15

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public…OK

08:52:16

Waiting for client config…OK

Waiting for user info…OK

app_update 1948160 validate

Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 6.30 (10485760 / 166334073)

08:52:17

Success! App ‘1948160’ fully installed.

quit

so please follow what i also put as you do need to run ETS2 in a docker container. If you already have docker setup to work on amp then just go to the main part of the panel and then click on the ETS2 and DO NOT CLICK MANAGE but go to Edit Settings on the right and then click on Run In Docker Container

You can’t change an existing instance to run in docker on windows. It has to be created in docker

I run on a VPS so dockers dont work on a VPS with windows

yes docker does. i use a vps for my test server and i have docker installed and working

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.