Note - If you do not fill in every section below, your post won’t be answered - you must provide the steps you have followed so far and the actions you’ve already taken. Make sure to remove this notice from your post too.
Product Name/Version: (Always use the full version number - not ‘Latest’)
- v126.96.36.199, built 22/06/2023 16:58
I am remaking my github issue located over at Source RCON Console Tab Intermittently Doesn't Work · Issue #901 · CubeCoders/AMP · GitHub in hopes of getting some traction on this issue. Since the day AMP began supporting Source RCON it has been plagued with issues making it essentially unusable in the right circumstances. We just want this fixed and it seems like we keep getting stuck in the waiting game. We are more than happy to provide direct access to our AMP instance, FTP, RDP, etc. we just want this fixed…
Enter reproductions steps here.
- Have a production amp install running
- Make a new srcds server in gmod
- Mess around in the server a little bit, click restart a few times, and then RCON breaks
- All console commands stop working until the gmod-xxx instance is restarted from the main ADS instance screen
- This issue persists until all instances, and ADS, are shut down and restarted
- This issue will also persist if the server is stopped, the generate RCON password button is hit, and then booted again.
Actions taken to resolve so far:
- Making a daily reboot script to --stopall and --start ADS01 as a bandaid
- Reaching out via discord multiple times
- Opening github ticket Source RCON Console Tab Intermittently Doesn't Work · Issue #901 · CubeCoders/AMP · GitHub
- Providing ever log imaginable
- Reproducing on different hardware and even different OS e.g. can repro on linux and windows
We are at a loss here guys, please help us get this fixed. I am not the only person experiencing this issue based on the other people commenting in on my github issue but we’ve been sitting around waiting for months other than providing some logs.
This is NOT a small issue, and this problem is exclusive to cubecoders amp, no other game control panel has these problems, whether we’re talking SeDirector, pterodactyl, or even using traditional RCON clients like HLSW on a ./srcds / srcds.exe command line.