So it seems that the the s3 authentication header setting does not work

OS Name/Version:

Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS (GNU/Linux 5.4.0-128-generic x86_64)

Product Name/Version: AMP Mainline-2412

Problem Description:
So I first tried to use OVH s3 before I had the auth headers option accessible via the upgrade, and even after upgrading amp to get the option, it did not work. I tried four different OVH urls, none of them worked

[00:07:26] [FileBackup:demonkenny Activity] : Uploading backup postlaunch1 to S3.
[00:07:27] [Core:demonkenny Error] : AmazonS3Exception
[00:07:27] [Core:demonkenny Error] : [0] (AmazonS3Exception) : The authorization header is malformed; the region 'us-east-1' is wrong; expecting 'UK'
[00:07:27] [Core:demonkenny Error] :   at Amazon.Runtime.Internal.HttpErrorResponseExceptionHandler.HandleExceptionStream (Amazon.Runtime.IRequestContext requestContext, Amazon.Runtime.Internal.Transform.IWebResponseData httpErrorResponse, Amazon.Runtime.Internal.HttpErrorResponseException exception, IO.Stream responseStream)
  at Amazon.Runtime.Internal.HttpErrorResponseExceptionHandler.HandleExceptionAsync (Amazon.Runtime.IExecutionContext executionContext, Amazon.Runtime.Internal.HttpErrorResponseException exception)
  at Amazon.Runtime.Internal.ExceptionHandler`1[T].HandleAsync (Amazon.Runtime.IExecutionContext executionContext, Exception exception)
  at Amazon.Runtime.Internal.ErrorHandler.ProcessExceptionAsync (Amazon.Runtime.IExecutionContext executionContext, Exception exception)
  at Amazon.Runtime.Internal.ErrorHandler.InvokeAsync[T] (Amazon.Runtime.IExecutionContext executionContext)
  at Amazon.Runtime.Internal.CallbackHandler.InvokeAsync[T] (Amazon.Runtime.IExecutionContext executionContext)
  at Amazon.Runtime.Internal.Signer.InvokeAsync[T] (Amazon.Runtime.IExecutionContext executionContext)
  at Amazon.Runtime.Internal.EndpointDiscoveryHandler.InvokeAsync[T] (Amazon.Runtime.IExecutionContext executionContext)
  at Amazon.Runtime.Internal.EndpointDiscoveryHandler.InvokeAsync[T] (Amazon.Runtime.IExecutionContext executionContext)
  at Amazon.Runtime.Internal.CredentialsRetriever.InvokeAsync[T] (Amazon.Runtime.IExecutionContext executionContext)
  at Amazon.Runtime.Internal.RetryHandler.InvokeAsync[T] (Amazon.Runtime.IExecutionContext executionContext)
  at Amazon.Runtime.Internal.RetryHandler.InvokeAsync[T] (Amazon.Runtime.IExecutionContext executionContext)
  at Amazon.Runtime.Internal.CallbackHandler.InvokeAsync[T] (Amazon.Runtime.IExecutionContext executionContext)
  at Amazon.S3.Internal.AmazonS3ExceptionHandler.InvokeAsync[T] (Amazon.Runtime.IExecutionContext executionContext)
  at Amazon.Runtime.Internal.ErrorCallbackHandler.InvokeAsync[T] (Amazon.Runtime.IExecutionContext executionContext)
  at Amazon.Runtime.Internal.MetricsHandler.InvokeAsync[T] (Amazon.Runtime.IExecutionContext executionContext)
  at LocalFileBackupPlugin.BackupProvider+<>c__DisplayClass41_0.<UploadToS3>b__0 (ModuleShared.RunningTask t)
[00:07:27] [Core:demonkenny Error] : HttpErrorResponseException
[00:07:27] [Core:demonkenny Error] : [1] (HttpErrorResponseException) : The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
[00:07:27] [Core:demonkenny Error] :   at Amazon.Runtime.Internal.HttpHandler`1[TRequestContent].InvokeAsync[T] (Amazon.Runtime.IExecutionContext executionContext)
  at Amazon.Runtime.Internal.RedirectHandler.InvokeAsync[T] (Amazon.Runtime.IExecutionContext executionContext)
  at Amazon.Runtime.Internal.Unmarshaller.InvokeAsync[T] (Amazon.Runtime.IExecutionContext executionContext)
  at Amazon.S3.Internal.AmazonS3ResponseHandler.InvokeAsync[T] (Amazon.Runtime.IExecutionContext executionContext)
  at Amazon.Runtime.Internal.ErrorHandler.InvokeAsync[T] (Amazon.Runtime.IExecutionContext executionContext)
[00:07:27] [Core:demonkenny Error] : WebException
[00:07:27] [Core:demonkenny Error] : [2] (WebException) : The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
[00:07:27] [Core:demonkenny Error] :   at Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (IAsyncResult asyncResult)

Steps to reproduce:

• set AMP cloud backup s3 authentication region and set s3 server settings
  • attempt to upload cloud backup
  • see the error in all it’s glory

Actions taken to resolve so far:

I’ve tried FOUR different server urls, all of them should have worked, I’ve also tried two different OVH buckets, one in Canada, the other in the Uk. I’ve also tried restarting amp to no avail. still doesn’t want to use the settings

Can you look into this? And btw, [swear word] your spam filter. It deleted my last help post

EDIT: apologies, just realized it hid my post for review. the old one likely will be deleted as I am positive I forgot some vital info, the logs, and the amp build number

1 Like