Role creation/User permissions reset

OS Name/Version: Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS

Product Name/Version: AMP Instance Manager v2.4.1.2 built 21/12/2022
Release spec: Release - built by CUBECODERS/buildbot on CCL-DEV

Problem Description:

Hello,
I am having some issues figuring out how to create new roles for AMP.
The reason I need to create new roles is because the ones I currently have only have permissions to view 2 instances and no permissions to edit roles. It does not have Super Admin permissions.

Is it possible to set up user roles using ssh? Do you have any simple solutions I can use to solve this issue… I’m inexperienced with AMP so sorry for bothering! Thanks.

You can set up roles by going to to Configuration > Role Management then selecting “create role”. You can setup user specific permissions by going to Configuration > User Management > “user” > Edit User Permissions. Does this answer your questions?

The roles I have already created do not have permissions to edit roles. I accidentally removed the permission for all roles.

Ah I see… I do not know a command line way to achieve this. I have done this in the past to myself and have just uninstalled / reinstalled amp to fix the issue haha. Best chance you have to restarting is waiting for Mike to respond with some wisdom if he has any.

You can use ampinstmgr resetlogin to create a new superadmin User afaik. You should keep yourself access to one superadmin user :wink:

1 Like

This just reset the login details and not the permissions… hmm im not sure

Last ditch effort would be an uninstall and reinstall of amp. Might be less time to just do that and start over

You can look into your RoleData.json or how it’s called. You will find it in your ADS instance

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.