Overall AMP Backups

OS Name/Version: Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS

Product Name/Version: AMP 2.4.0.10

Problem Description: If I try to do a backup of all instance setups I get an empty backup file and no real console output indicating as to why no backup is created.

The zip file is made however it only contains this

{"Id":"e641fa93-2017-4cca-9bd0-5bc7ec067006","Timestamp":"2023-02-07T18:18:39.770421Z","ModuleName":"ADSModule","TakenBy":"Jelliot","CreatedAutomatically":false,"Name":"Test","Description":"","META":null,"TotalSizeBytes":0,"Sticky":false,"SourceOS":2,"StoredLocally":true,"StoredRemotely":false,"RemoteStoreId":null}

With the console output being this

18:21:06
Creating Backup: Test

Do these just not work?

ADS (The top level panel you access) is actually an instance in itself.

Creating a backup there would only backup the contents of ADS, not all the underlying instances, which is why it results in an empty backup.

You would need to take backups individually inside of each instance, or if you are looking to back up the entire datastore do so directly on the filesystem (Making sure you only touch the amp datastore as the AMP user)

1 Like

Ahh I see, i was thinking that overall backup was to save configuration, so i assume there is no way to do that?

Not as it currently stands, no. Too much of the configuration is considered ‘volatile’ to be of much use backing up at this time.

Okay that makes sense, thanks for the info :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.