Need clearer setup instructions

OS Name/Version: ubuntu 22.04

Product Name/Version: v2.4.1.2, built 21/12/2022 17:54

Problem Description: If you use a non-alphanumeric character in your initial password you might as well reformat your hard disk

Steps to reproduce:

• Step 1: Install using the standard bash script
  • Step 2: Use any special character in your password e.g. ?,! or $
  • Step 3: Now impossible to enter AMP

Actions taken to resolve so far: I tried opening a terminal as the amp user and using ampinstmgr to resetlogin but since no actual login exists there is nothing to reset.

So can never access the amp terminal the first time to complete the install. Tried apt remove ampinstmgr but that got me nowhere. This is the third time I have had to completely reformat the HDD and re-install ubuntu as it is pretty much is impossible to uninstall AMP.

I used this forum and Google and from what I can see once AMP is installed it is impossible to remove completely. It keeps enough hidden files that if you try another install it says “already exists” and exits.

I suggest a big warning on the linux install page saying “DO NOT USE SPECIAL CHARACTERS”

The script itself does give you that warning.

And it’s a simple command to reset the login if you need to. Reformatting your hard drive is a bit dramatic.

What script resets the login?

I’ll hopefully clear up some confusion here.

AMP does have a login by that point. So the ampinstmgr resetlogincommand would work. You would enter ADS01 for the instance name and admin if you took the default.

Also if you search uninstall there are some instructions on removing AMP here.

1 Like

I was missing the instance name. Did not know it was ADS01 so tried amp, AMP, Amp and then searched the hidden amp home folder but of course no instances listed