Minecraft Java 1.4.7 Modpack stuck in "Starting Server" status even though it's booted fine

Note - If you do not fill in every section below, your post won’t be answered - you must provide the steps you have followed so far and the actions you’ve already taken. Make sure to remove this notice from your post too.

OS Name/Version: Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS

Product Name/Version: AMP Release “Halimede”
v2.4.1.2, built 21/12/2022 08:39

Problem Description:
I’m having issues with a Modded Minecraft 1.4.7 Modpack. I am running FTB Ultimate and when it loads the server instance it will start to boot up, and then it will stay in a “Starting Server…” status. The server will boot just fine and I will be able to log on to the server with no issues. I believe that AMP is not reading the older server started messages anymore correctly. I do recognize this is most likely an edge case and very few people will run into this issue, but it would be nice to start up an old server and have less issues.

Steps to reproduce:

• Set up a Minecraft 1.4.7 Modpack
  • Boot Server
  • Observe that the server in the console logs has booted and that the starting server status bar will remain on the screen

Actions taken to resolve so far: None as the server boots fine.

1 Like

Same issue on my side with modpack revelation, maybe due to the new update, before that it was working fine (and spited as started)

I wanted to note that one of the issues that can be seen is that it won’t show CPU usage as well as how many people are on the server.

Same issue here and im running a vanilla bedrock server. Can connect to it just fine but it keeps sayiung “Starting server…”

What does the console say?

The console shows everything running correctly. The biggest issue is there is no clean way to shut down the game server outside of commands as it only shows Abort and not stop or reboot. It seems like everything is working correctly other then it does not thinking that it is running.

I actually need to see what it’s saying for you :slight_smile: a paste of the output immediately after starting. Also did you pick the option for legacy servers?

I have it set to Feed The Beast Legacy. Should I be using the Other Legacy Mod? I couldn’t upload the FML log to Pastebin as it’s too big and every other option I found sucked. So here is a link to the log.

removed link

Yes, try the “Other legacy mod” - all I need from the logs actually is the “Done” line where it logs that the server has started. That’s what AMP is looking for.

I do see the Done comment being posted. I will try it again with the Legacy selected as well and see if that fixes it.

Updated my comment since I can’t reply apparently… I updated to the Other Legacy as directed and I’m still having the same behavior. I do see the Done line as well and it doesn’t seem to respect that.

I was following this since I ran into the same issue.

I haven’t changed any of the server configurations, and this seems to be solved with the latest update: AMP 'Decadeus' 2.4.2 Release Notes.

Can someone else confirm?

I just updated to the latest version and I am still seeing the same behavior.

I have the same problem with a Revelation Server, i tried to create a new Instance with the same modpack, and the Issue still exist in the “Decadeus” Release… Has anyone a fix for this??

and i also have this line:
%minecraftFormattingDone (5.686s)! For help, type “help” or “?”

If that’s the Forge 1.12.2 version ending in 58, there’s no fix atm as the console output is a bit bugged

Exactly this one Version…

Can i upgrade to a newer one without problems?

Really depends on the pack, some mods hardcode the acceptable Forge version even though there’s nothing that would’ve changed in the two patches that came after that version.
Best bet is to take a backup, switch the version, hit download/update, and cross your fingers.