Minecraft Container Exit Code 1 After AMP Update

Note - If you do not fill in every section below, your post won’t be answered - you must provide the steps you have followed so far and the actions you’ve already taken. Make sure to remove this notice from your post too.

OS Name/Version:
CentOS 8

Product Name/Version: (Always use the full version number - not ‘Latest’)
AMP Release “Triton”

v2.3.4.2, built 11/07/2022 17:05

Problem Description:
After updating to 2.3.4.2, my Minecraft instance will not start. My Satisfactory server starts fine however. When going through the logs, I’m only seeing:

19:25:37  Waiting for AMP instance to start...

19:25:43  Failed to start AMP. Exit code was 1

Instance does not run in a docker container, and is bound to the internal IPv4 of the server (not looback or 0.0.0.0). Please let me know what other logs I can possibly check as I want to be as helpful as possible. Thanks!

Steps to reproduce:

• Restart AMP
  • Manually re-installed update via ampinstmgr --nocache ugpradeall
  • Instance auto-launches (happens when manually launching as well)
  • Check logs, but they consistently just say exit code 1

Check the log of that specific instance.

Hey Mike!

So I cannot get into the instance, but when I navigate to File Manager → Instance Name → AMP Logs here are the files:

[00:00:00] [Logger Info]          : Rollover from previous log file: AMP_Logs/AMPLOG 2022-07-11 00-00-00.log
[01:51:00] [Core Error]           : SocketException
[01:51:00] [Core Error]           : [0] (SocketException) : Connection refused
[01:51:00] [Core Error]           :   at Net.Sockets.Socket.Send (Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, Net.Sockets.SocketFlags socketFlags) 
  at Net.Sockets.UdpClient.Send (Byte[] dgram, Int32 bytes) 
  at ModuleShared.MetricsInfoPublisher.ScheduleHandler (Object sender, EventArgs e) 
[01:53:00] [Core Error]           : SocketException
[01:53:00] [Core Error]           : [0] (SocketException) : Connection refused
[01:53:00] [Core Error]           :   at Net.Sockets.Socket.Send (Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, Net.Sockets.SocketFlags socketFlags) 
  at Net.Sockets.UdpClient.Send (Byte[] dgram, Int32 bytes) 
  at ModuleShared.MetricsInfoPublisher.ScheduleHandler (Object sender, EventArgs e) 
[05:56:00] [Core Info]            : Checking for AMP updates...
[05:56:01] [Core Info]            : A new update is available!
[11:56:00] [Core Info]            : Checking for AMP updates...
[11:56:01] [Core Info]            : A new update is available!

Are these the correct logs? This is showing from today so hopefully they are recent. Again I did perform a manual update on AMP and my other instance is working great. Really appreciate your time!

Run ampinstmgr --nocache upgradeall

I did this on CentOS itself under the AMP user account, but I will try again today. Like I said I appreciate your time with this!

There was another update released a little bit earlier today (2343) which fixed a problem with the previous update :slight_smile:

You’re a legend! I’ll respond here once I test later today.

–Update–
Happy to report that this patch fixed my issue :slight_smile: I had to manually update the Minecraft instance itself, but after that it’s working great. Appreciate the support and quick turnaround time!