Max Players Incorrect

Note - If you do not fill in every section below, your post won’t be answered - you must provide the steps you have followed so far and the actions you’ve already taken. Make sure to remove this notice from your post too.

OS Name/Version: Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS

Product Name/Version: (Always use the full version number - not ‘Latest’) AMP 2.4.3.2

Problem Description:
When connecting to my Minecraft server, it lists an incorrect max number of players.

Steps to reproduce:

• Start Minecraft
  • Click Multiplayer
  • Count is incorrect

Actions taken to resolve so far:
I checked the max player count in Performance and Limits. It is set to 10.
I went to File Manager and checked the server.properties file. It also lists 10 for the max players.
I have since updated to the newest version of AMP, the instance has been restarted several times.

If the config file shows the right number then it’s not an issue with AMP. Double check that the server.properties file shows 10 after you’ve started the server.

Do you have any mods installed?

No mods. There are several datapacks though. This only occurs on the instance running in AMP. The other day, I changed the player count and changed it back. Then it showed correctly, until the next time I opened Minecraft.

Errr you don’t happen to have a copy of Minecraft running outside of AMP still do you? Because that would explain it.

I have two other Minecraft servers that are not running AMP. I’m still in the testing phase for AMP. Not sure why another server would have any effect unless there is a bug in the Minecraft client.

Edit:
I created a brand new Minecraft (Client) instance and it seems to be showing correctly. The one having the issue had two separate servers listed on the same instance. So it looks like this probably IS an issue with the client. Thanks

It sounds like you are using the same port for AMP as you are for the other Minecraft servers then. AMP doesn’t know what the other servers are using so you have to control it yourself if you have stuff inside and outside.

I am using the default port on AMP since I’m just testing. My other servers use completely different ports for security. Currently I am using the internal IP and port number to connect to the servers. My existing servers actually have a domain name set up. (I’m not using them when I connect from my network though.)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.