License issue AMP instance manager

OS Name/Version:

ProxMox / Debian

Product Name/Version: AMP Instance Manager 2.5.0.8 - 20240502.1

Problem Description: License just stopped working, instances are looking for it. If I go to License Manager I only see my old McMyAdmin, not AMP. I had purchesed AMP license, I’ve been using it.
And, I had two licences for McMyAdmin, it now only indicates one.
Please note - as you already own a copy of this product, the usage limit on your existing licence key has been increased rather than issuing an additional key

Everything was working correctly up until recently. Can anyone elaborate on this?

Steps to reproduce:

• Step 1
  • Step 2
  • Step 3

Actions taken to resolve so far:

Please note - as you already own a copy of this product, the usage limit on your existing licence key has been increased rather than issuing an additional key
This just means that if you have say, two Pro license with 5 instances each, they’ll be combined on the same license to total 10 Pro instances.

I’d recommend that you double check that the email you signed in with matches your billing information, and if that all checks out, email contact@cubecoders.com for further assistance. (not much we can do here, since only Mike has access to the licensing backend)

Thanks for the reply! Mike is who has helped me in the past when I had issues with McMyAdmin, and I don’t think I had that many licenses available. I’m being honest, I think it was 5 for AMP, and the McMyAdmin allowed me +1. Something he had me do allowed for this. My problem is that all my instances are asking for a license, none of them are working when I perform the required instance updates. And I’m concerned that when I go to view the licenses only the legacy McMyAdmin shows up. Should the AMP license appear here as well?

Update - thanks for the hint of billing information.

I did some more digging, and found it was under an email linked to payment method.

This looks much better now, 23 of 5. A bit out of balance, but kids don’t know any better.

We’ve never had a problem, it has always kept them limited to only having 6 servers (instances) running at a time. I really think in the past it didn’t do well at regulating this as I think they had more than this going at times (why I don’t know). If there have been updates to close this hole I commend you. I reactivated just now using the reactivateall and the instance I wanted to run is now available. This will be a good learning exercise for them as I’ve been after them to clean up the server.

If I need to update my license I will, I’m going to refresh the server here soon with the boys. Hopefully I can get them to tighten up a bit.

Yeah you’re pretty much good to ignore the 23/5 usage as long as you only got your 5 regular instances and 1 McMyAdmin instance up. Usually happens when things are reactivated or after a hardware change/migration. The numbers will all sort themselves out after a few days to a week or so. The whole licensing system is on a delay to prevent abuse, and you’d be contacted by Mike if there were any usage concerns.