Java Exception (SIGSEGV + libjvm.so) when starting Minecraft server

OS Name/Version: Ubuntu Server 23.04

Product Name/Version: AMP 2.4.4

Problem Description:

• When I try to start a Minecraft server, it crashes - either immediately or after 10-30mins.
    The error is always a coming from the Java Runtime Environment; I noticed that these exceptions are always in relation to SIGSEGV and libjvm.so.

Last error:

#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00007fac7fd46f10, pid=797, tid=801
#
# JRE version: OpenJDK Runtime Environment Temurin-17.0.7+7 (17.0.7+7) (build 17.0.7+7)
# Java VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM Temurin-17.0.7+7 (17.0.7+7, mixed mode, sharing, tiered, compressed oops, compressed class ptrs, g1 gc, linux-amd64)
# Problematic frame:
# V  [libjvm.so+0x701f10]  oopDesc::size_given_klass(Klass*)+0x0
#
# Core dump will be written. Default location: Core dumps may be processed with "/usr/share/apport/apport -p%p -s%s -c%c -d%d -P%P -u%u -g%g -- %E" (or dumping to /AMP/Minecraft/core.797)
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
#   https://github.com/adoptium/adoptium-support/issues
#

Complete Log:

Steps to reproduce:

1. Install AMP
  2. Setup a Minecraft instance
  3. Start the Minecraft server
  4. Get an error

Actions taken to resolve so far:

• Running a Minecraft server instance in a Docker container and w/o a container
  • Running various Minecraft and Java versions
  • Trying Purpur, Forge and vanilla Minecraft
  • Reinstalling Java as well as trying OpenJDK and Oracle

I’d suggest not using a non-LTS version for a server and recommend switching to 22.04 LTS if you’re going to use Ubuntu.

I understand your suggestion, but I’m in a bit of a bind. Another project on the server relies on the 6.2 Kernel, which is why I’m on Ubuntu Server 23.04. Switching to 22.04 without it could get pretty complicated. So, if there’s a distro with a 6.2 Kernel that you think might work better with AMP, that’d be a great help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.